TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Do the '08 GT500's have SVT badging?

owenkelley

Last summer they were saying that the '07 GT500's would be the last SVT product, I was wondering if that turned out to be true? Do the '08's have SVT center caps on the wheels and SVT door sill plates? Doesn't really matter to me, just curious.

I'd rather have the SVT badging than the Shelby badging. I am a big SVT fan and this will be my third Cobra. They should have kept the team and kept the SVT specific dealers.

No real difference really! Shelby just lent the name, SVT developedit with some small suggestions from Shelby. You get the best og both worlds with the GT500 and why they sold it as such! Enjoy the rare oppourtunity!

I know. I am a COBRA guy. I had a 97 and an 03, loved them both, but could not hold onto them for one reason or another. I'll leave this one alone, I just think they should have left good enough alone.

I know he did a lot for the performance cars and I give him all the credit. What I said has nothing to do with him.

:lastyear:

CRYING-3.gifCRYING-3.gif

Sorry Grabber, but you're being rude here. Some have expressed their opinions - in a very polite and non-confrontational manner. Your response is no better than those who come here to "flame and run".

I'd expect more from a moderator.

Just my opinion. Or does that deserve this as well?

CRYING-3.gif

Sorry Grabber, but you're being rude here. Some have expressed their opinions - in a very polite and non-confrontational manner. Your response is no better than those who come here to "flame and run".

I'd expect more from a moderator.

Just my opinion. Or does that deserve this as well?

CRYING-3.gif

Joe,

I was going to tell you my feeling on this but instead It would be beating-a-dead-horse.gif

100% agree with you. Actually, I'm glad to hear someone say this. I had a 94 and 03 Cobra. They really should have stayed the course with the SVT division badging only. SVT has a strong reputation. The S H E L B Y on this current SVT product has done little more than create a ridiculously inflated market along with pie in the sky, pipe dreams about this offering being an investment.

+1

Thanks for finishing my thoughts.

This car isn't a cobra its a GT500 like it sez on the side of the car.

The badging on the car represents the Carroll Shelby signature look.

The cobra is his other car you know the one that isn't a Ford.

You people crack me up when You go out and buy a car and go home ans strip off the badging to make it look better then why did you buy a car that looked like crap in the first place.

SVT is dead so get over it. No more designation. no more product after 2008.

Sincerely

Art

Time will tell I guess. I don't see them 100% going away from it, but whatever.

So if Shelby options for a 2009, you are saying there will be no SVT logos on it?

Also, I think a lot of cars look cleaner "de-badged". Not just this one. BMWs come to mind. Lots of people shave the numbers off of those cars. Does not mean they didn't like the car the way they bought it.

Oh- Joe Blow bought a CAI for his car or put exhaust on it, J.B. must have thought it was a POS when he bought it.......

bla. bla.

I thought Forums were for expressing opinion, not getting trashed for having one.

CobraO,

You're not getting a hard time for having an opinion, but rather for the aggressive manner in which it came across, AND for "beating a dead horse"!

Many people who are excited about his re-entry into the mustang family were treated VERY rudely on forums such as SVTOA and SVTPerformance (and I don't see much of a change there, which is why I will not join SVTOA). This is a bit of backlash from that.

I am very disappointed in the number of people who can't appreciate the ENTIRE history of high performance mustangs; from Shelby to Steeda, Roush, Saleen AND SVT.

If you want a de-badged car, just order the complete stripe delete and take everything off (including the cobra emblems)! And say you want a "stealth corvette killer". If you can't appreciate what the name Shelby means to the mustang hobby, that's your loss. Don't talk trash about Carroll and not expect a defensive response on this site.

CobraO,

You're not getting a hard time for having an opinion, but rather for the aggressive manner in which it came across, AND for "beating a dead horse"!

Many people who are excited about his re-entry into the mustang family were treated VERY rudely on forums such as SVTOA and SVTPerformance (and I don't see much of a change there, which is why I will not join SVTOA). This is a bit of backlash from that.

I am very disappointed in the number of people who can't appreciate the ENTIRE history of high performance mustangs; from Shelby to Steeda, Roush, Saleen AND SVT.

If you want a de-badged car, just order the complete stripe delete and take everything off (including the cobra emblems)! And say you want a "stealth corvette killer". If you can't appreciate what the name Shelby means to the mustang hobby, that's your loss. Don't talk trash about Carroll and not expect a defensive response on this site.

+1 well said!

I know he did a lot for the performance cars and I give him all the credit. What I said has nothing to do with him.

I said this a few lines up. All I am trying to say is "I liked SVT how it was and didn't see the need to change it."

Oh, sorry for beating a dead horse. I'm sure people have better things to do....

All I am trying to say is "I liked SVT how it was and didn't see the need to change it."

And I wish that I was still 25 years old with a 28" waist and a six-pack on top.......time doesn't stop and things will ALWAYS change.; sometimes for the better sometimes not. I for one, liked this change.

CobraO,

These are exciting times for Muscle cars in general. A long overdue comeback. Ford saw the need for change and Shelby was the key to success many years ago, so they went for it again. What a huge success. The Shelby GT500 is now currently Ford's Halo car. A blast from the past. What a great idea. Now the other automakers are following with there own comebacks from the past.

Sprint is right about the members of this site. Most of us are all here for the reasons he stated so well in his post. Since you are new here, we realize that you did not know that....but now you do.

:)

These are indeed exciting times. Times and products that would have seemed impossible and only a dream not so many years ago. We are in what is hopefully only the early stages of Americas 2nd trip through the golden age of factory built performance vehicles.

They can call them SVTs, Shelbys, or Billy Bobs Hot Rod for all I care, just don't stop making them.

Well put, all of you.

Archived