TEAM SHELBY FORUM

light is on, anyone else?

h2odr

Okay, at 186 miles, the engine light is on. All gauges are correct, and fluids are okay. Anyone else with this problem? Any thoughts on what it is. I guess it needs to go to the dealer. I am guessing an o2 sensor or something. I racked up another 200 miles with no problems. It handles really nice. It took it threw the white mountains in New Hamshire, and it hugged the road excellent at 85 mph. I was getting 20-24 mpg at 85mph with the a/c.

Had a similar problem, at less than 500 miles, the check engine light would stay on after the car had been on and warmed up. She had even had the procedure done at the dealership to overcome the necessity of doing the 50 starts/500 miles.

I gave it a couple of days and the problem worked itself out.

Had the warranty and would have taken it in if needed.

Hope this helps.

Gotta be something simple .... get it taken in and checked out .. no biggie

Yup, less then 100 miles on mine. Had to replace the Evaporative Emission Control Valve and reprogram the processor. Make sure the dealer has it in stock, had to make two trips to the dealer. They have to drop the gas tank to replace it.

Okay, at 186 miles, the engine light is on. All gauges are correct, and fluids are okay. Anyone else with this problem? Any thoughts on what it is. I guess it needs to go to the dealer. I am guessing an o2 sensor or something. I racked up another 200 miles with no problems. It handles really nice. It took it threw the white mountains in New Hamshire, and it hugged the road excellent at 85 mph. I was getting 20-24 mpg at 85mph with the a/c.

Don't know, but you may want to try a simple fix. Disconnect the battery for about 15 minutes, re-connect and see if it disappears.

AZbud

Yup, less then 100 miles on mine. Had to replace the Evaporative Emission Control Valve and reprogram the processor. Make sure the dealer has it in stock, had to make two trips to the dealer. They have to drop the gas tank to replace it.

I had the same problem...turned out to be the MAF sensor. Warranty took care of it.

Had a similar problem, at less than 500 miles, the check engine light would stay on after the car had been on and warmed up. She had even had the procedure done at the dealership to overcome the necessity of doing the 50 starts/500 miles.

I gave it a couple of days and the problem worked itself out.

Had the warranty and would have taken it in if needed.

Hope this helps.

Well said...it may clear itself after a few cold start cycles....if not try an AutoZone I had heard they can read the code for you....

Archived