TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bye Bye Baby! Shelby gone!!

bill0754

Well, almost to the 1 year anniversary of getting my Shelby (aug 14), I finally had to sell to catch up on finances. On the bright side, the dealer I got it from at $1,000 over invoice ($42,238) paid me $48,600!! Not too bad to make a profit after 7,200 miles and a year of fun. Since I couldn't live without a car, I found a great '07 Stang, V6 black with Chamois interior. Payment is less than half of the Shelby, and insurance dropped $20 a month.

So thanks for the fun here....and I will still be online checking out the Shelbys!!!

post-17-1187052674_thumb.jpg

post-17-1187112272_thumb.jpg

post-17-1187112285_thumb.jpg

post-17-1187052674_thumb.jpg

post-17-1187112272_thumb.jpg

post-17-1187112285_thumb.jpg

Well, almost to the 1 year anniversary of getting my Shelby (aug 14), I finally had to sell to catch up on finances. On the bright side, the dealer I got it from at $1,000 over invoice ($42,238) paid me $48,600!! Not too bad to make a profit after 7,200 miles and a year of fun. Since I couldn't live without a car, I found a great '07 Stang, V6 black with Chamois interior. Payment is less than half of the Shelby, and insurance dropped $20 a month.

So thanks for the fun here....and I will still be online checking out the Shelbys!!!

The two-tone interiors are awe-inspiring. Congrats.

:redcard:

Two things............sounds like you're happy you unloaded it, and 2) my guess is you got in too deep from day one. $$$

Not really happy......but my mom has had some serious medical expenses in the past year, so first sold my 1970 Mach, and now the Shelby. Family is always way more important than a car. And at least I still have a Mustang, and I turned a profit after driving and enjoying the Shelby for a year! At least it goes to show that the Shelby was a great investment! Who would ever imagine a new car being worth more after a year!!!

Thanks again guys for all the kind remarks. This is the reason that this site is so awesome!!! Great cars, but even greater members!!

Not really happy......but my mom has had some serious medical expenses in the past year, so first sold my 1970 Mach, and now the Shelby. Family is always way more important than a car. And at least I still have a Mustang, and I turned a profit after driving and enjoying the Shelby for a year! At least it goes to show that the Shelby was a great investment! Who would ever imagine a new car being worth more after a year!!!

Thanks again guys for all the kind remarks. This is the reason that this site is so awesome!!! Great cars, but even greater members!!

Bill,

You will be back on the horse again. God bless and I hope your mom feels better all though I would have loved to pick up your car, although I wouldn't have been able to offer you 48k.

Roger

Bill,

You will be back on the horse again. God bless and I hope your mom feels better all though I would have loved to pick up your car, although I wouldn't have been able to offer you 48k.

Roger

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciated that.

Couldn't you have sold a kidney to a Mexican hospital, or something to get back in the black? Well wishes to your mom. You're a good son to help out!

Bill - nice V6 - I really miss the two tone interior my GT/CS had - really dresses up the interior! Enjoy your new ride and good job on what you got for the GT500...nice to see they are holding their value so well.

Hey Bill, I was shopping tonight when you called. Sorry to hear that, but it sounds like you really made out on the trade in.

Bring your X2 over one day and I'll throw a tune in it for the V6. I also have a CAI laying around I can set you up with.

Class Act!! :beerchug:

Gee you guys are so nice on this board!! Now if we could only have a world filled with people with the same attitude it would be great! Thanks for all the well wishing!!

As for the new pony, I have already removed the side stripe on the V6, and I having the windows tinted next week. If not anything else, it will be a lot more stealty than my old Shelby!!! Plus, the gas mileage has been unbelievable....averaging close to 30mpg in and out to work this week. I think I will enjoy this little pony!!

Archived