TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Scratched 20" Razor 8 days later Damnit..

BillyRay

Not a good day on Sat. 11th. I go to get a cool ice tea around 12:30pm because it HOT here!!

I see a perfect parking space at the far end so I would'nt get a door ding. Being ever so careful pulling in when I feel a bump...$hit I just caught the curb barely but thats all it takes. So my cool ice tea will cost me about $250 bucks!!! When I got out of my car I knew what I was about to see might be ugly. This same crap happened about 15yrs ago to me on my black 1988 corvette convt. I was checking out some babes when I edged BOTH rims on the passenger side $$$$.

OK now I,am taking the car home because I can't believe I just toasted a rim! I jump out on a small stretch of freeway doing about 65 when my hood pops up. I immediately pull off to the side of the road and re shut the hood. I,am glad the hood did'nt fly up and really ruin my day!

Now I,am screaming to myself get this car home NOW!!! Has anyone else had their hood pop up? I,am thinking when I barely hit the rim I jarred the hood but I have no other ideas why that happened too.

I have a pic of the rim, I painted the edge black in hopes it would not be noticeable. The only problem is I will see it everytime!!

Better Luck to everyone else when driving their pride in joy..... BillyRay Phx

post-3364-1187026675_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1187026709_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1187026675_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1187026709_thumb.jpg

BR -

Ouch X 2! I know how pissed I get when I do stuf flike that. Sorry man.

Check the tire sidewall too, looks like you gouged the sidewall in a couple of spots too. I think that ridge is just there for protection of the sidewall (in case someone were to curb the tire, not that anyone would do that), but you might want to swallow the pride and have someone you trust in the tire business give it a quick look to prevent something worse at the wrong time.

Sorry, I ain't ya muthah. Jes' trying to help. :shades:

I feel your pain. My story started out the same way. I drove to the shopping center, found the perfect parking spot and pulled in. IN AND ONTO THE PARKING STOP. Damaged the front splitter. Thank God that only cost $45.00 to replace. :banghead: Good luck and just know your not the only one.

You know what they say, "It's not yours till you get a ding..."

It is an easy fix. You will find a number of places to repair them in the yellow pages. I've paid as low as 45 per rim and as high as 60 per rim including new clear coat. I've seen some pretty smashed rims get welded and repaired.

I feel your pain. My story started out the same way. I drove to the shopping center, found the perfect parking spot and pulled in. IN AND ONTO THE PARKING STOP. Damaged the front splitter. Thank God that only cost $45.00 to replace. :banghead: Good luck and just know your not the only one.

You know what they say, "It's not yours till you get a ding..."

Sorry to hear about your front splitter!!! I knudged a parking block once. You have to really look, but I know it's there. Hoe did you get it replaced for $45???

KingCobra.

Oh yeah, well at least you guys damaged your rims yourselves. Mine was knarled up by my father-in-law, who I let drive my baby since it was his birthday. He rubbed the left rear rim along a curb and scratched the CRAP out of it! Ah, you gotta love family. I played it off like it didn't bother me too much, but inside my stomach I felt a churning I can't quite describe!

Sorry to hear about your front splitter!!! I knudged a parking block once. You have to really look, but I know it's there. Hoe did you get it replaced for $45???

KingCobra.

I took the advise of other forum members and called around. I called the dealer I bought the car from and they wanted $80.00 so I called the other dealer in town (who's a lot bigger) and was talking to the parts guy. We got on the the subject of where I worked and it turns out we had an account with their dealership so he sold me one at cost, so with tax it was $45 and change. But I continued to call a few other dealers and the prices ranged from about $60 to $80 not to bad. Again listening to other members we decided to keep the damaged one on (for now) and keep the new one for shows. You really can't notice it, BUT I KNOW ITS THERE!

Archived