TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Red Appearance Package - Shout Out

Skip600HP

On 2/3/2022 at 6:22 PM, Grabber said:

How do you post photos on this site ?

Grabber! Like THE Grabber? From the way back machine and having posted endless super-helpful posts & docs like the Service Manual on the Original Team Shelby site? Good to see you posting again!

Like Ford Fest posted, I don't think you can do a upload from your PC anymore. So many, me included, created an account on https://m.imgur.com, uploaded picture(s) there, then use the URL of the pic (on imgur.com, the one that ends in ".jpg") and then "Other Media" -> "Insert Image from URL" in the lower RH potion of the window when submitting a reply and/or creating a post.

My question is how to I change my icon from that "S" in the middle of a circle to the pic I already uploaded to my profile (assuming that even still possible).

Edited by Skip600HP

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2022 at 9:52 AM, Skip600HP said:

Grabber! Like THE Grabber? From the way back machine and having posted endless super-helpful posts & docs like the Service Manual on the Original Team Shelby site? Good to see you posting again!

Like Ford Fest posted, I don't think you can do a upload from your PC anymore. So many, me included, created an account on https://m.imgur.com, uploaded picture(s) there, then use the URL of the pic (on imgur.com, the one that ends in ".jpg") and then "Other Media" -> "Insert Image from URL" in the lower RH potion of the window when submitting a reply and/or creating a post.

My question is how to I change my icon from that "S" in the middle of a circle to the pic I already uploaded to my profile (assuming that even still possible).

That imgur site is confusing to say the least. oh well. Glad to check in once in a while. Maybe I will check the photo bucket site. 

11 hours ago, Grabber said:

That imgur site is confusing to say the least. oh well. Glad to check in once in a while. Maybe I will check the photo bucket site. 

I think any site that can give you a direct link to the picture, that ends in .jpg, without the need to be logged in, should work. imgur.com is far from straight forward. It took me a WHILE. But after you get a pic uploaded, if you go to "imagines" (under your name in upper RH corner), then click on the actual picture/image itself, there will be a few options. Copy the "Direct Link" option, and that URL should work for "Insert Image from URL" (in the lower RH corner of a window making/responding to a post on this site).

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2022 at 10:11 PM, Grabber said:

Hey Grabber, I can close to walk you through uploading pics to that imgr site, and how to find the URL to use when uploading an image to here (used to be simple on the original teamshelby site, but...)

After you're logged into imgur.com, in the uppermost, right-hand corner of the web page click on the circle that has one of your initials in it (see below, i removed my name on the site for security purposes). Then after you see the menu below, select Images.

image.png.ee898a45a5dd6299fa6fa23728d86973.png

After that you should see a screen like the snip shown below. From the screen shown below, click on Add Images and from there it's the usual drag and drop from Windows Explorer or Browse for an image to upload.

image.thumb.png.9dbf4dda45ab0cd2144d63c03cea3226.png

After you upload an image, the pic/image will be in this same spot and if you click on the image you uploaded a LOT of options for links are presented. It's the Direct Link (the one that has a URL that ends in .JPG) that's the one to use when uploading a file via the Insert Image via URL option.

Edited by skiph

21 hours ago, skiph said:

Hey Grabber, I can close to walk you through uploading pics to that imgr site, and how to find the URL to use when uploading an image to here (used to be simple on the original teamshelby site, but...)

After you're logged into imgur.com, in the uppermost, right-hand corner of the web page click on the circle that has one of your initials in it (see below, i removed my name on the site for security purposes). Then after you see the menu below, select Images.

image.png.ee898a45a5dd6299fa6fa23728d86973.png

After that you should see a screen like the snip shown below. From the screen shown below, click on Add Images and from there it's the usual drag and drop from Windows Explorer or Browse for an image to upload.

image.thumb.png.9dbf4dda45ab0cd2144d63c03cea3226.png

After you upload an image, the pic/image will be in this same spot and if you click on the image you uploaded a LOT of options for links are presented. It's the Direct Link (the one that has a URL that ends in .JPG) that's the one to use when uploading a file via the Insert Image via URL option.

Adding photos to posts was changed and now you can drag the photos onto your post, they just cant be over 1500x1500