TEAM SHELBY FORUM

All Item Broadcast sheet

Lakepilot

Hello all, I'm a newbie. I currently just bought my 5th Mustang. I've had my 07 Alloy Clearcoat GT for about a week now. My wife found an All Item Broadcast sheet under the passenger seat. Is this kinda like a build sheet? Can anyone help me to decode any of it? Or is there a site or link that will help me decode it?

Thanks in Advance!

Mark :happy feet:

Hello all, I'm a newbie. I currently just bought my 5th Mustang. I've had my 07 Alloy Clearcoat GT for about a week now. My wife found an All Item Broadcast sheet under the passenger seat. Is this kinda like a build sheet? Can anyone help me to decode any of it? Or is there a site or link that will help me decode it?

Thanks in Advance!

Welcome LakePilot. Nice color choice on your GT. We need to see a pic of it too!

Can you post a pic. of the sheet you speak of ?

I have never heard of it!

Welcome LP :happy feet:

I haven't heard of that sheet before. Sorry.

Post some pics of your car when you can. You're gonna love the car and this site.

We do have, I'm sorry to say, some pranksters on the forums who like to try and be funny.

Most of us realize this is a serious Mustang site.

Sincerely, Ruf

Post some pics of your car when you can. You're gonna love the car and this site.

We do have, I'm sorry to say, some pranksters on the forums who like to try and be funny.

Sincerely, Ruf

It's nice to have seriuos people like you around Ruf... :hysterical2:

Sincerely, Ruf

:bag:

iraq is serious.

hillary in the white house is serious.

heart attacks are serious.

lighten up.

:hysterical:

I'm sorry to say, I am then biggest prankster on the forums who likes to try and be funny.

Most of us realize this is a serious Mustang site but I have this sick sense of humor.

Insincerely, Ruf

You need help Ruf.

Thanks in Advance!

Lake,

I just toured the AAI plant last week. I didn't see this exact sheet, but saw many "broadcast" sheets. I asked some of the employees about them, and what they said was that there were many sheets per car. One sheet may go on...go through a set of operations, then an employee will remove that sheet, throw it away, and tape on another one...and so on. I've not found any in my car yet....doubt I will.

As for how to decode it, I work at a manufacturing company that uses a similar method. THere are probably only a handful of people that fully understand those things within all of Ford. In our company we call those people the MES folks (Manufacturing Engineering System). They program all the things in that run the engines/vehicles down the line.

You may find "pieces" of the tag that you can decode by talking with employees, but likely not the entire sheet from any one person.

Good luck though...would be great to know.

Dave

Lake,

I just toured the AAI plant last week. I didn't see this exact sheet, but saw many "broadcast" sheets. I asked some of the employees about them, and what they said was that there were many sheets per car. One sheet may go on...go through a set of operations, then an employee will remove that sheet, throw it away, and tape on another one...and so on. I've not found any in my car yet....doubt I will.

As for how to decode it, I work at a manufacturing company that uses a similar method. THere are probably only a handful of people that fully understand those things within all of Ford. In our company we call those people the MES folks (Manufacturing Engineering System). They program all the things in that run the engines/vehicles down the line.

You may find "pieces" of the tag that you can decode by talking with employees, but likely not the entire sheet from any one person.

Good luck though...would be great to know.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the info. I bet the tour was cool. I was able to tour the Shelby Automotive site in Vegas last year. It was neat seeing all the Hertz Shelby's being built. Then I was lucky enough to rent one when I was in Orlando last year. It was an awesome ride.

I'm hoping I will get a response from a Ford employee on the broadcast sheet. But even if I don't it's cool to have.

Mark

Save your broadcast sheet and keep it in good shape. If it can't be decoded now, it will be in the future. I used to work for a used car dealership that dealt with classic muscle cars and have decoded the build sheets on many of them. The information was not around in the late 60's, but it is now. I'll bet the same will happen.

I'll have to start looking in my car - just in case.

Dave,

Thanks for the info. I bet the tour was cool. I was able to tour the Shelby Automotive site in Vegas last year. It was neat seeing all the Hertz Shelby's being built. Then I was lucky enough to rent one when I was in Orlando last year. It was an awesome ride.

I'm hoping I will get a response from a Ford employee on the broadcast sheet. But even if I don't it's cool to have.

Mark

Thanks for bringing this up Lakepilot. I found one in my car also. I always thought it was the "build sheet" that shows all the Ford codes for all the assemblies. I didn't know it would document the timing of the build so well. It's nice to have that information. I have kept mine. Just out of curiosity, did you order yours as an X plan? I did and the car sticker has my name on it. I also asked my dealer to save everything on the make ready and I'm glad he did.

Thanks for bringing this up Lakepilot. I found one in my car also. I always thought it was the "build sheet" that shows all the Ford codes for all the assemblies. I didn't know it would document the timing of the build so well. It's nice to have that information. I have kept mine. Just out of curiosity, did you order yours as an X plan? I did and the car sticker has my name on it. I also asked my dealer to save everything on the make ready and I'm glad he did.

Where did you find it in your car?

Archived