TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Red w/Black stripes

blueovalkid

• 4 weeks later...
First pics I have seen of Red w/Black. Looks good! :rockon:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...sspagenameZWDVW

I PURCHASED THIS CAR TO HAVE IT CONVERTED TO A SUPER SNAKE.THEY WERE NICE PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH AND WAS ABLE TO GET THE CAR FOR A DECENT PRICE.

I PURCHASED THIS CAR TO HAVE IT CONVERTED TO A SUPER SNAKE.THEY WERE NICE PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH AND WAS ABLE TO GET THE CAR FOR A DECENT PRICE.

Congrats..I spoke to the dealer and they wanted $8K over and said they had turned down $6K over. I really didn't want the shaker so I beat the dealer I bought my GT from over the head and got to order one the way I wanted for a fair price...and lets say it wasn't $6K over :)

I didn't like the red originally but with the black stripes it really grows on me...now I can't decide if I really want to SS it..then I am afraid I won't drive it as much.

How bout some pics!

I WILL BE GLAD TO POST SOME PICTURES AS SOON AS I GET THE CAR,IT'S DUE TO BE PICKED BY THE TRANSPORT CO. THIS WEEK SO I HOPE TO HAVE IT BY THE END OF NEXT WEEK.

Congrats..I spoke to the dealer and they wanted $8K over and said they had turned down $6K over. I really didn't want the shaker so I beat the dealer I bought my GT from over the head and got to order one the way I wanted for a fair price...and lets say it wasn't $6K over :)

I didn't like the red originally but with the black stripes it really grows on me...now I can't decide if I really want to SS it..then I am afraid I won't drive it as much.

i have almost 14,000 miles on my 07,i love to drive this car.

people are always stopping me or rolling down the window and giving thumps up.it's amazing how many people still havent seen a gt500 on the road.my 07 is red with white stripes and attracts attention everywhere.the wosrt thing you can do is not drive your car when you get it.enjoy it, cars where meant to be driven not stored away.

as soon as my new 08 is converted i will drive it and my wife is going to drive the 07

the car should be delivered to the house on thursday.i will try to take some pics this weekend and post them

the car was delivered to my house on thursday.

i could't wait to get home to see it,and i was not dissapointed the red car with the black stripes is really mean looking.it brings out the other black items such as the grill and lower spoiler on the front, and also the lower valance on the rear.i was't sure if i was going to like the black stripe on the red but myself and everyone that has seen it really like the color combo.

now i see why sai is only doing the black stripes on the ss.

my ss# is 08ss050 so now i can't wait to have the car done.

i will post some pictures as soon as i am able to get time to take some and convert them for posting.

have a great day,

george

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped at a local dealer (Mike Bass Ford) just to see if they had any GT500's. Sure enough they had a Red w/Black Vert! Looked awesome, the black stripes really go nice with the black top and black trim!

They are only asking 70k for it if anyone is interested. :rolleyes: They had a big sign hanging from the rearview with the asking price like they were proud to be asking for a 20k ADM. Some dealers are just refusing to let go of these ridiculous prices.

is the black stripe a 2008 only option?

--Russ

Black is just a new stripe color for 08. I havent heard anyone claim that it is a one time shot like the Red stripe cars were.

Who knows what will be available next year or if there will even be a next year for the GT500.

Black is just a new stripe color for 08. I havent heard anyone claim that it is a one time shot like the Red stripe cars were.

Who knows what will be available next year or if there will even be a next year for the GT500.

I hope there will be many more years for the GT500!

Speaking of the red-stripe package, other than the red stripes did they get any other identifying and unique touches?

Don't tell me there is yet another build # associated with that special edition, cause I'm already in over my head with the existing build #'s, lol

--Russ ;)

I hope there will be many more years for the GT500!

Speaking of the red-stripe package, other than the red stripes did they get any other identifying and unique touches?

Don't tell me there is yet another build # associated with that special edition, cause I'm already in over my head with the existing build #'s, lol

--Russ ;)

Here's page one

post-2704-1191613657_thumb.jpg

I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly from the flyers posted above...

the red stripe edition is something the dealer can offer thier clients from left-over cars to get them off the lots as something more exlcusive

or are they limited-edition run from the factory that few dealers are able to get allocated to sell to their clients by ordering one?

I think I'm confusing myself.

--Russ

I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly from the flyers posted above...

the red stripe edition is something the dealer can offer thier clients from left-over cars to get them off the lots as something more exlcusive

or are they limited-edition run from the factory that few dealers are able to get allocated to sell to their clients by ordering one?

I think I'm confusing myself.

--Russ

Nope. During the last 5 weeks of 2007MY production, if the dealer had an allocation coming, they could make it a "red stripe" package car. This isn't a mod that is done to existing cars. Just an optional package that could be added to a car that wasn't produced until the final 5 weeks.

Archived