TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby Mustang AC Actuator Replacement

Glenn Greenwell

Hey All,

I have an issue with one of my 2008 Shelby Mustang AC Actuators in the center portion of the dash.  When I start the engine up, there is a thumping or knocking coming from the left or right side of the dash just above the console area with air conditioner on.  I have looked at Youtube to see what they are and how to replace.

I have not had any mechanical issues with my Shelby since I bought it new other than batteries and a set of tires that were replaced due to age.  I have just over 12K on it.  If you have had this issue can you give me any advice on if this is a DIY project or if you had a Ford Dealer replace the part and can you share what it cost.   

The actuators and there are 2 or 3 (??) do not appear to be that expensive and the one on the passenger side on Youtube looks like it is easier to get to, but at my age I dont bend like a like a young person anymore.  I actually think it might be the driver side one. 

Anyone care to share their thoughts on the repair/cost if you experienced this issue.

Regards..... GG

Edited by TAPD117
Typo