TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Detailing Black Vinyl Air Dam and Side Strips

165MPHGT500

Ladies and Gents,

I'm curious about what's the best way to detail the black vinyl air dams and side strips. I end up with a faded chalky look to mine after washing.

Please Help

Thanks . . . :unsure:

I use Turtle Wax ICE polish

it works on the paint and the black plastic very well

it also works on the black under the hood

I use the Zaino Z-16 Tire gloss on all my rubber & plastic. My plastic parts still look brand new. I just noticed a Z-14 product that is a plastic cleaner/polish. I haven't used it, but it may be worth a try.

ZAINO! ZAINO! ZAINO! :happy feet:

Hey Rick

still like your car?

how many miles

I just hit 2050

Hey Rick

still like your car?

how many miles

I just hit 2050

Yep...still lovin' her. Took her to a car show last weekend (didn't win). I might even drive her to work tomorrow. I've got about 1,500 miles on her so far. She's had her first oil change and a flush of the power steering system (stupid Drake cap!) She's got so much Zaino on her, it burns your retinas just to look at her. :happy feet:

Yep...still lovin' her. Took her to a car show last weekend (didn't win). I might even drive her to work tomorrow. I've got about 1,500 miles on her so far. She's had her first oil change and a flush of the power steering system (stupid Drake cap!) She's got so much Zaino on her, it burns your retinas just to look at her. :happy feet:

Drake cap

Uh Oh

I'm missing something

tell me more

does this have to do with Pink???

Ladies and Gents,

I'm curious about what's the best way to detail the black vinyl air dams and side strips. I end up with a faded chalky look to mine after washing.

Please Help

Thanks . . . :unsure:

I have a little secret formula that I'll now share with you and others. Foremost, don't put wax on any black plastic parts. I get a bottle of Armorall and dilute it to 50% water and 50% Armorall. This takes away the glossly look you get from Armorall and provides a low gloss look which I like. I also use the same formula on the tires and it looks great. Hope this helps. Been doing this for years and have no issues.

Yes, the pink. The vent hole allows moisture in...not good. See the Scott Drake Cap thread.

Thanks

I got it

I have a call into Shelbyperformanceparts.com

Bummer

did you flush it yourself?

Archived