TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th 500 in WI

Hello everyone and sorry about the delay,

Yes it's true, I took delivery of one of the first production 40th Anniversary GT500s. For those who think the package is overrated…read no further.

First let me say it was a long agonizing wait, but well worth it. If you include the time I spent on lists, haggling with dealers, playing the build lottery, shipping to Shelby, 40th installation and shipping home, I waited ~2 years for what can only be described as awesome. From the stance, the sound and ground ripping performance to the subtle details in trim there is very little that comes close. There is very little that I'm not 100% satisfied with. Those things I thought could be improved have been communicated to SAI who is taking action for future builds. I took several pictures and sent most to Sharon whom is gracious enough to help me post them. (thanks Sharon)

Cheers

-MMc

post-3801-1186511236_thumb.jpg

post-3801-1186511274_thumb.jpg

post-3801-1186511360_thumb.jpg

post-3801-1186511433_thumb.jpg

post-3801-1186511480_thumb.jpg

post-3801-1186511490_thumb.jpg

post-3801-1186511598_thumb.jpg

post-3801-1186511236_thumb.jpg

post-3801-1186511274_thumb.jpg

post-3801-1186511360_thumb.jpg

post-3801-1186511433_thumb.jpg

post-3801-1186511480_thumb.jpg

post-3801-1186511490_thumb.jpg

post-3801-1186511598_thumb.jpg

Sorry, I can't compare to stock. However, I can tell you it rides much better than the old Fox body GTs. The car is smooth enough to cruise in yet I'm not afaid to power through corners at higher than posted speeds. The tuned suspension under it is great! I could lower it more, but most driveways would be prohibitive to entry.

Great looking Car! I like the silver stripes better than I would have thought on red. Can you take a picture of the faux gas cap. I've heard it's got the 40th emblem on it as well?

CW

Yes it's true, I took delivery of one of the first production 40th Anniversary GT500s. For those who think the package is overrated…read no further.

First let me say it was a long agonizing wait, but well worth it. If you include the time I spent on lists, haggling with dealers, playing the build lottery, shipping to Shelby, 40th installation and shipping home, I waited ~2 years for what can only be described as awesome. From the stance, the sound and ground ripping performance to the subtle details in trim there is very little that comes close. There is very little that I'm not 100% satisfied with. Those things I thought could be improved have been communicated to SAI who is taking action for future builds. I took several pictures and sent most to Sharon whom is gracious enough to help me post them. (thanks Sharon)

Cheers

-MMc

Congrats!!,

Hopefully mine will be done soon!

Did you also upgrade the Blower?

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Absolutely beautiful ride!!!!!!!

Mine is Torch Red too, so now I know exactly what to expect, other than the fact that I am getting the Razors in chrome.

I have a few questions for you, if you don't mind my asking. Did they tell you what the 40th ring around the rear faux gas cap is? Is it a whole new piece?

Are your tires the Pirelli P Zero Neros?

How does the car handle when given her from a standing start, as far as hooking up the rear end goes?

Are you able to post a sound clip of the exhaust?

What is happening about the center console arm rest, and the Shelby door handles?

What is the package number you have?

How many hours did the installation take?

Thanks very much for your pics!!! The more the better.

KingCobra.

Pics are great - thanks for sharing. Though they could be better if you didn't have them downsized.

Please look into Photobucket to post all of your pics. It's easy and fast. It will take you a matter of minutes to do this. Here again is a link that Grabber put together on how to do it. Then we can all enjoy your pics in their orginal format. thanks. Looking forward to more.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...st&p=178647

Mark,

Looks great. If you need help with any pic's...let me know. I bet the most painfull part of the process was not being able to drive your car and having it sit at SAI for a couple months. :drop:

Pics are great - thanks for sharing. Though they could be better if you didn't have them downsized.

Please look into Photobucket to post all of your pics. It's easy and fast. It will take you a matter of minutes to do this. Here again is a link that Grabber put together on how to do it. Then we can all enjoy your pics in their orginal format. thanks. Looking forward to more.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...st&p=178647

Give this a shot, I used Grabbers "easy to use" instructions to create a photo bucket of full sized images. I also need to get some of the underside of the car. We borrowed a camera when I took it to the dealership but I don't have the patch cable.

Cheers

-MMc

th_GroundProfile.jpg

th_SheaApproves2.jpg

th_SillPlates.jpg

th_LetteringandFauxCap.jpg

th_FloorMats.jpg

th_InteriorShot.jpg

th_RearView.jpg

th_HoodVentsDetail.jpg

Mark,

Looks great. If you need help with any pic's...let me know. I bet the most painfull part of the process was not being able to drive your car and having it sit at SAI for a couple months. :drop:

Actually the hardest part was refraining from calling SAI twice a week, which is something everyone should be aware of when moving forward with any package. Consider this, SAI has a limited staff to take phone calls and answer questions. Every minute you spend on the phone with them is precious to someone else as well. SAI, although overburdened with success, operates with integrity and honesty. My advise, although hard to swallow, is to be concise and to the point with conversation and trust the fine folks at SAI will do it right. Your patients will be rewarded. Anyone who has been there knows the amount of work Amy has brought into SAI. I realize this is no excuse for allowing customer service to slip, but if everyone did their homework before calling for answers we would essentially be helping SAI win success.

Cheers

-MMc

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Give this a shot, I used Grabbers "easy to use" instructions to create a photo bucket of full sized images. I also need to get some of the underside of the car. We borrowed a camera when I took it to the dealership but I don't have the patch cable.

Cheers

-MMc

th_HoodVentsDetail.jpg

Wow, the heat extractors are awesome!

Does anyone know if these are available separately? I thought at one point they were on the SPP website, but I can't find them on there now or in the downloadable catalog.

C'ya!

Kelton

Wow, the heat extractors are awesome!

Does anyone know if these are available separately? I thought at one point they were on the SPP website, but I can't find them on there now or in the downloadable catalog.

C'ya!

Kelton

I like the Elenor replica!! What did thay bad boy run ya? Did it come from unique in Texas? The Elenor would like nice parked next to a 40th Shelby!

CW

I like the Elenor replica!! What did thay bad boy run ya? Did it come from unique in Texas? The Elenor would like nice parked next to a 40th Shelby!

CW

Thanks CW! Nope, she's a home grown girl, not a Unique Performance car. You should have seen the looks when I was taking the pictures of the Eleanor and the '07 side by side!

C'ya!

Kelton

Thanks for using Photobucket. It's not that bad, right?

Your pics are awesome. I'm getting the black wheels too. Are the gauges wrapped in leather? I'm just wondering when I'm going to get scheduled. I think I'll get the work done up at Tasca in RI once CS makes that announcement. So - maybe this fall. I hate the waiting game...

MORE PICS!!!

When you have some time a few of us are waiting for those sound clips...thanks in advance!!

It's been storming here lately, but tonight we're going to a local car show (weather permitting) and will take the audio/video clips on the way. Again, sorry for the delay. Here are some additional photos of the underside of the car.

th_Rearswaybar.jpg

th_FrontDuct.jpg

th_RearDuct.jpg

-MMc

Thanks for sharing your pics with us!!!

You are one lucky man!!!

Do you have any pics of the exhaust from underneath and the tips?

REALLY looking forward to hearing that exhaust ayt idle and under exeleration!!! Thanks for the hard work to help us with that.

Did your invoice document the model number or anything identifying for the Borla cat-back exhaust?

KingCobra.

MMC

Exclusivity is what its all about !!! ... beautiful car my friend and now u know the wait was well worth it as we all do. Take good care of her and would love to see more picts of the engine and underside of the car !

Thanks for sharing your pics with us!!!

You are one lucky man!!!

Do you have any pics of the exhaust from underneath and the tips?

REALLY looking forward to hearing that exhaust ayt idle and under exeleration!!! Thanks for the hard work to help us with that.

Did your invoice document the model number or anything identifying for the Borla cat-back exhaust?

KingCobra.

I went to a car show last night. WOW, I could not believe the crowd my Shelby drew! All I did was answer questions and accept compliments for two hours. Then it happened... a kid was driving past in his moms minivan gawking at the show, dropped his ice cream in his lap which of course demanded his visual attention. The van swerved as he looked down and jumped the curb hitting a tree, deploying both air bags. Luckily the kid was OK, but the wrath of mom & dad was yet to come.

My "To Do" list includes:

Exhaust audio clips ...(I have some great thoughts on this)

Engine pics

Exhaust tip pics

Additional underneath (i.e. suspension) pics

I didn't think owning this car would be such work! :drop:

I did add an avatar... though not as "nice" as jokers.

I went to a car show last night. WOW, I could not believe the crowd my Shelby drew! All I did was answer questions and accept compliments for two hours. Then it happened... a kid was driving past in his moms minivan gawking at the show, dropped his ice cream in his lap which of course demanded his visual attention. The van swerved as he looked down and jumped the curb hitting a tree, deploying both air bags. Luckily the kid was OK, but the wrath of mom & dad was yet to come.

My "To Do" list includes:

Exhaust audio clips ...(I have some great thoughts on this)

Engine pics

Exhaust tip pics

Additional underneath (i.e. suspension) pics

I didn't think owning this car would be such work! :drop:

I did add an avatar... though not as "nice" as jokers.

Great car. What and understatement!!! I like everything about the car. The silver stripes really look nice. Didn't think that combo would look that great! Thanks for taking the time to re-post the pics with photobucket.They do far more justice to that great car. The heat-extractors are killer!

DC

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Archived