TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th 500 in WI

I went to a car show last night. WOW, I could not believe the crowd my Shelby drew! All I did was answer questions and accept compliments for two hours. Then it happened... a kid was driving past in his moms minivan gawking at the show, dropped his ice cream in his lap which of course demanded his visual attention. The van swerved as he looked down and jumped the curb hitting a tree, deploying both air bags. Luckily the kid was OK, but the wrath of mom & dad was yet to come.

My "To Do" list includes:

Exhaust audio clips ...(I have some great thoughts on this)

Engine pics

Exhaust tip pics

Additional underneath (i.e. suspension) pics

I didn't think owning this car would be such work! :drop:

I did add an avatar... though not as "nice" as jokers.

Guess your car really does casue accidents :P

Nice car and very nice pics.

Thanks for sharing them.

I may have a nice avatar :shades: but you have your car :happy feet:

Trade you any day!

McMullen, It doesn't look like SAI changed out upper and lower controll arms? Did you get a suspension upgrade? I also couldn't see where the air comes in to the rear brake duct.

The suspension upgrade that is part of the package is the eibach kit. Coilovers and sway bars. The only other option is the shelby brakes.

McMullen, It doesn't look like SAI changed out upper and lower controll arms? Did you get a suspension upgrade? I also couldn't see where the air comes in to the rear brake duct.

The bottom picture in post #23 is a great shot of the rear brake duct. It's molded from black plastic and has an aluminum edge on the bottom of the intake. The duct is tucked just under the rocker and routes back to the rear backing plate as one piece. Flexible tubing makes the connection.

Control arms stay the same and no, I didn't get the 6 piston brake up-grade.

Hey just a quick queston

What happened to the 40th Faux gas cap that is listed as part of the package?

meckonica@bellsouth.net

Hello everyone and sorry about the delay,

Yes it's true, I took delivery of one of the first production 40th Anniversary GT500s. For those who think the package is overrated…read no further.

First let me say it was a long agonizing wait, but well worth it. If you include the time I spent on lists, haggling with dealers, playing the build lottery, shipping to Shelby, 40th installation and shipping home, I waited ~2 years for what can only be described as awesome. From the stance, the sound and ground ripping performance to the subtle details in trim there is very little that comes close. There is very little that I'm not 100% satisfied with. Those things I thought could be improved have been communicated to SAI who is taking action for future builds. I took several pictures and sent most to Sharon whom is gracious enough to help me post them. (thanks Sharon)

Cheers

-MMc

Hey just a quick queston

What happened to the 40th Faux gas cap that is listed as part of the package?

meckonica@bellsouth.net

The 40th Anniversary ring around the rear faux gas cap was still (is still?) in production. They will be sent to the people that they were not available for.

Hopefully they will be available for us. Got to get on getting my car down to SAI by September 10 for my install.

KingCobra.

The 40th Anniversary ring around the rear faux gas cap was still (is still?) in production. They will be sent to the people that they were not available for.

Hopefully they will be available for us. Got to get on getting my car down to SAI by September 10 for my install.

KingCobra.

Hey KC, what are the details on the 40th Ann donation party? Also, what number are you for the install? I was just at SAI last week and I have no idea how they are going to get 300 of these done this year along with all the other projects.....KR, SS, the CA cars and 2200 new GT's...the KR and GT's are 08models and they will displace our conversions....

Hey KC, what are the details on the 40th Ann donation party? Also, what number are you for the install? I was just at SAI last week and I have no idea how they are going to get 300 of these done this year along with all the other projects.....KR, SS, the CA cars and 2200 new GT's...the KR and GT's are 08models and they will displace our conversions....

They want ours cars in Vegas by September 10th...44 Days before the donation party, Where did you hear the 300 number from?...For the record, I am #175

They want ours cars in Vegas by September 10th...44 Days before the donation party, Where did you hear the 300 number from?...For the record, I am #175

They want everyones cars?

PRODUCTION UPDATE

We have started building the 40th Anniversary packages. We will call the next group in mid August to schedule in more cars. Our plans are to build 300 of these packages this year. We will continue to build them until all cars are built. If you cannot have your car here this year, this is no problem. As long as you have a 2007 GT500, we can build it into a 40th car. We will only stop building these once we have reached the production limit.

There are 15 of us getting the 40th done that are having a private party and taking delivery of our cars from Carroll at SAI. We are all making a donation to his foundation. All of us will be getting our cars signed by Carroll as well. I have not yet received my final package number.

KingCobra.

There are 15 of us getting the 40th done that are having a private party and taking delivery of our cars from Carroll at SAI. We are all making a donation to his foundation. All of us will be getting our cars signed by Carroll as well. I have not yet received my final package number.

KingCobra.

I am still waiting for the details from Vicki. I want to go to that....

Did you take any pics when you were at SAI???

I am getting 40th Anniversary Package # 17. 07XL0017

KingCobra.

Did you take any pics when you were at SAI???

I am getting 40th Anniversary Package # 17. 07XL0017

KingCobra.

The Vert 40th they just finished shipped out the day before I got there, so I did not get a 40th. Other then that it was just stuff we have all seen and pictures do not do them just. Now I do have this pic of this lady from Belize...but I know none of you care about that... :-)

The Vert 40th they just finished shipped out the day before I got there, so I did not get a 40th. Other then that it was just stuff we have all seen and pictures do not do them just. Now I do have this pic of this lady from Belize...but I know none of you care about that... :-)

Well, as long as she can appreciate the beauty of the Shelby, I am sure we could appreciate her. Just a gesture of respect, that's all.....................!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice car,looks like mine.I ordered mine with the silver wheels (at johns suggestion).I am very pleased with it.I also have a red conv.they finished it in the first few done about july 13th,I put 1100 miles on it already.It was a big hit at the Tasca show on the 25th.

Good luck with the car,I will try to send a pic of my car.I tried to send pic but computer said file was to big

Congrats on a great looking car. Concerning the gauge cluster, how did they run the wires for the gages? I know he mount is attached with 3m adhesive strips, but wondering what direction they went with on the gages to read pressures. These are listed as Autometer gages. Still waiting on my call for the SS package, but just curious.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived