TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Christine comes home after nip/tuck.

VNMOUS1

I don't have time to piddle with a hosting service tonight, but here's all I can do without breaking the rules.

Terry at ProGlass absolutely blew me away. I, of course, was a picky SOB and wanted this, and that, and blah blah blah. He did it all.

He'd never done hood pins on of one these, and since I loved the look of my twistlocks on a 442, I made a special request. He says he WON'T being doing THIS again. :banghead: Hey, they may have been a horrendous pain in the butt to do, but they freakin' ROCK! :headspin: :happy feet:

(I hate the "toadstools" on the '68 GT500s....the twistlocks that just stick up off the top of the hood.)

Oh...and I thought I'd have a little surprise for those that want to see UNDER the hood on cruise nights.

Enjoy!!

bj

post-2868-1186376647_thumb.jpg

post-2868-1186376628_thumb.jpg

post-2868-1186376676_thumb.jpg

post-2868-1186376704_thumb.jpg

Wow - That looks cool. Nice touch under the hood. What is your new hood made out of ?

Fiberglass....and a boatload of it. Weighs about 11 lbs more than stock. I figured she was already porky...but this is "muscle weight". It's two full pieces (top half/bottom half). Both snorkels combine and run into the output over the CAI. The extractors are about a foot further back than stock, so air can flow in the grille....actually OVER the engine (what a concept, huh?) and out the NACA ducts.....as opposed to assuming the hot air rises straight up through our stock beloved George Foreman Grilles. (Hey, they work great as long as you're not moving!!)

Note the lack of washer nozzles; relocated to the wiper arms themselves. The hoodlocks were a nightmare, but they are HOT.

It was around $200 for the twistlocks...another $200 to have the pins cut and fabricated to fit...another $150 to fabricate and install the brackets for the pins to connect to once they're twisted. Oh...and Terry's actual mold for this hood doesn't have the indentations for recessed locks, so that had to all be done by hand since it had never been done.

As opposed to the SuperSnake hood, which doesn't appear to have a brace between the two snorkels, this one does. No movement whatsoever at 120+ on the way home.

bj

Very interesting. What made you do this? It would be nice to see a picture showing the whole car from a frontal diagonal view.

Grabber,

That is where the air taken in the front scoops is deposited. In BJ's case, it blows directly on the cone filter. In my case, I need to start doing performance mods. A 3.3 L Whipple is near term I hope.

That should help the CAI get some air intake. Nice design.

Very interesting. What made you do this? It would be nice to see a picture showing the whole car from a frontal diagonal view.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I absolutely love it.

Grabber, as Bob said, it's a direct "blow" right onto the filter. And yes, I drove it home in rain and the filter didn't get soaked and I didn't hydrolock the motor (someone will ask).

I'm also sure someone will ask about power. I can't imagine it making more power on a dyno, but probably would in the real world. On a dyno, your hood's open and you have a fan blowing X mph right into the engine bay. I doubt this gets more flow than THAT! But, as for day to day driving....it'll flow a ton more air than the stock setup. This takes ambient air and throws it right down onto the filter (oh...and no, it won't create a lean condition....keep in mind about what I said regarding the dyno conditions). I got about 1.5 more mpg on the way home last night than normal in exactly the same condiditons, plus or minus a couple of degrees. 75-80 mph, cruise, AC on, 3.73's, JLT CAI (hey Jay....NOW it's a COLD air intake!!!), 2.6 pulley, tune, FRPP axle backs. 20.6 mpg!!

Kyle, as I'd mentioned, the hood locks were a bear, but man I like the way they look. For me, it was worth the time and money. For Terry at ProGlass???? Let's just say he's not planning on doing it again.

What made me do it? Christine did. She's ready to go on the hunt for the two morons that tagged her stock hood a year ago (with a chunk of asphalt, from a RR overpass in case you weren't around then to hear and see the story).

'07 posted some shots. (Thanks Buddy)

Oh....and I had Lightning Bob envy. He's the one that turned me on to Terry a year ago. (Thanks LB)

bj

Here's one of my Lightning with Terry's shaker hood and painted stripes added. 21883-283-3267.jpg

I couldn't be happier with how either vehicle I had Terry do turned out.

+1

bj

I don't have time to piddle with a hosting service tonight, but here's all I can do without breaking the rules.

Terry at ProGlass absolutely blew me away. I, of course, was a picky SOB and wanted this, and that, and blah blah blah. He did it all.

He'd never done hood pins on of one these, and since I loved the look of my twistlocks on a 442, I made a special request. He says he WON'T being doing THIS again. :banghead: Hey, they may have been a horrendous pain in the butt to do, but they freakin' ROCK! :headspin: :happy feet:

(I hate the "toadstools" on the '68 GT500s....the twistlocks that just stick up off the top of the hood.)

Oh...and I thought I'd have a little surprise for those that want to see UNDER the hood on cruise nights.

Enjoy!!

bj

VNMOUS1, that looks awesome..... it now looks so much like the 68 Shelby. :drool:

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I absolutely love it.

Grabber, as Bob said, it's a direct "blow" right onto the filter. And yes, I drove it home in rain and the filter didn't get soaked and I didn't hydrolock the motor (someone will ask).

I'm also sure someone will ask about power. I can't imagine it making more power on a dyno, but probably would in the real world. On a dyno, your hood's open and you have a fan blowing X mph right into the engine bay. I doubt this gets more flow than THAT! But, as for day to day driving....it'll flow a ton more air than the stock setup. This takes ambient air and throws it right down onto the filter (oh...and no, it won't create a lean condition....keep in mind about what I said regarding the dyno conditions). I got about 1.5 more mpg on the way home last night than normal in exactly the same condiditons, plus or minus a couple of degrees. 75-80 mph, cruise, AC on, 3.73's, JLT CAI (hey Jay....NOW it's a COLD air intake!!!), 2.6 pulley, tune, FRPP axle backs. 20.6 mpg!!

Kyle, as I'd mentioned, the hood locks were a bear, but man I like the way they look. For me, it was worth the time and money. For Terry at ProGlass???? Let's just say he's not planning on doing it again.

What made me do it? Christine did. She's ready to go on the hunt for the two morons that tagged her stock hood a year ago (with a chunk of asphalt, from a RR overpass in case you weren't around then to hear and see the story).

'07 posted some shots. (Thanks Buddy)

Oh....and I had Lightning Bob envy. He's the one that turned me on to Terry a year ago. (Thanks LB)

bj

My pleasure.The pictures don't do it justice.Mine goes on in 2 weeks.

Enjoy!!

bj

Looks Great bj,

Where is ProGlass located?

Do you have a phone# or

Web Site address?

Alan

Looks Great bj,

Where is ProGlass located?

Do you have a phone# or

Web Site address?

Alan

Avilla Indiana....about 30 miles north of Ft Wayne.

Terry Delong (206) 343-9826

Two of our GT500 buddys were there when I picked it up and were ready to buy on the spot. The pix really don't do it justice. It's rediculous how good it looks in person.

bj

Ouch. $1500. plus shipping?

Okay - I'll forget about that!

Thanks Joe.

Ruf,

The hood is about $850 plus shipping. It was $450 to paint and stripe, another couple of hundred for the hood locks. It requires different molding of the 'glass, which they'd never done before until I'd asked them to. The hardware is about $150 and the latches had to be fabricated. Here's his data:

Avilla Indiana....about 30 miles north of Ft Wayne.

Terry Delong (206) 343-9826

bj

Archived