TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Die-Cast in the package or out

Combs5229

I was going through my closet and found a bunch of Shelby Die-Cast.  I'm debating on what I should do with them and the rest of my collection.  I'm debating on selling or displaying in a room.  If I display them should I keep them in the package or take them out?  Right now they're in the original packaging but I see a lot of people have them out when displayed.  There are about 80 of them so it seems like a lot to display.  Any suggestions?  

Thanks

Chris

Shelby22.jpg

Thanks I appreciate the comments.  I bought a 07 Shelby GT and started collecting stuff then we moved a few times and it’s all sat in boxes.   Sad but I actually forgot what I had.  I found a bunch of books, autographs, posters ect.  It was a cool blast from the past.  

Edited by Combs5229

I've got my die-cast 1/18 models displayed out of the box, but I still have the boxes, should I need to pack them for some reason.  The smaller Hot Rod cars I've kept on the original card (but those are very few).

Hey guys, lots of very cool cars in those pics and always nice to see our “Big Boy’s” collections with lots of memories attached too!   I always try to keep all the boxes to my higher end cars and I display them both in and out of the box, like inside a curio cabinet or display case. I also have many Hot Wheels displayed in different scenes that are out of the box and were single car buys.  But when it comes to Hot Wheel sets two or more their always kept in the box, that’s just my way of displaying them.  I alway’s like to say “The difference Between Men & Boys Is the Price of their Toys’ and in diecast this is true too, some can be pretty pricey, just saying!!     :cool: