TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008KR Clutch job and PCM

EDWARD TIETZ

Has anyone installed a LMR 05 to 09 clutch upgrade kit in their 08/09 KR? It is all Ford OEM. I like the kit but I am concerned because they call for a PCM reflash. Ford only has a reflash for the GT500, not the KR. Just skip the reflash? Other options are to replace with original parts or other after market clutches but my concern remains the same and that is the PCM reflash. My gut says what ever clutch set up I have the Ford dealer install, DON'T get a reflash and hope all is good. Any help with this will be much appreciated!

This could be a good question for Shelby American.  I'd call them because they don't monitor the technical parts of the forum any more.   You might need to go as high as Gary Patterson to get to the institutional memory of what's different in the KR and how it would interact with the clutch.

Another, probably more productive, approach would be to try one of the other Ford forums and try to figure out why the clutch requires a different tune. 

Good luck.

FYI. The clutch and flywheel in a 08 KR has the problem flywheel. All 09 KR’s have the new flywheel which doesn’t warp under heat from sitting in stop and go traffic on a hot summer type day. This might not have anything to do with your thread . But for future KR purchases it’s wise to go with the 09 model. Unless of course the 08 has the new flywheel installed under warranty.