TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 SHELBY GT500 KR

For what it 's worth, I talked to the representative at the Ford pavillion in Oshkosh last weekend. He stated that the gt500kr will only be available in three color options:

Silver w/ blue stripes (as seen)

Black w/ silver stripes

Blue w/ white stripes

I asked if a stipe delete option would be available... He didn't know. However he did say that someone inside Ford is pushing for a Black w/ black stripes. That would be hot.

For what it 's worth, I talked to the representative at the Ford pavillion in Oshkosh last weekend. He stated that the gt500kr will only be available in three color options:

Black w/ silver stripes

Blue w/ white stripes

Three great color combo esp the blue & white.IMO :D

I asked if a stipe delete option would be available... He didn't know. However he did say that someone inside Ford is pushing for a Black w/ black stripes. That would be hot .
Yeah ,out in the sun. :nonono:

Black w/ silver stripes

Blue w/ white stripes

I asked if a stipe delete option would be available... He didn't know. However he did say that someone inside Ford is pushing for a Black w/ black stripes. That would be hot.

Didn't Amy or someone from SAI say that these were the colors:

#1 Vapor with blue

#2 White with blue

#3 Undecided

Didn't Amy or someone from SAI say that these were the colors:

#1 Vapor with blue

#2 White with blue

#3 Undecided

Is the vapor with blue going to be the same blue color on the KR concept or the darker vista blue that is on all the regular GT500's? That blue on the concept KR is a lot lighter in color and looks really good on the silver color! I would go with that color if that is what it is, IF I were getting one.

Black w/ silver stripes

Blue w/ white stripes

Interesting how SAI can put on multiple colour stripes on the KR, but will only have black stripes for the SuperSnake.

Of the three KR colors, two will use blue stripes: the white and vapor. Thus, so far only one stripe color is for the KR.

I was thinking of the post that mentioned blue, silver and white KR stripes - somehow I missed your reply mentioning Amy. My bad.

If I had to choose to believe a rep at Oshkosh or Amy at SAI who will be putting the final touches on the KR, I'll go with Amy.

ALL 2008 GT500KR SHOULD BE SET IN A SPECIAL COLOR NOT AVAILABLE TO ANY MUSTANG OR STD. GT500 PERIOD, THIS IS A VERY SPECIAL CAR DO IT JUSTICE CREATE A SPECIAL PAINT OR PAINT IT IN A COLOR THAT IT CAME IN BACK IN 1968, PERIOD.

Special paint, YES (anthrocite). 1968 colors, NO. Enough with the retro, that's what's wrong with the Super Snake. Ford's 2008 KR is clearly a modern interpretation and I for one, want no more connections to 1968 other than the insperation and the name.

Amy B quoted on 7/6/07 when asked about what colors the KR would come in...

"right now we are still working on it, but its safe to say it will be in

blue with silver and silver with blue, both are very cool looking

We are still working on other colors"

Amy

...So as far as I can tell it seems like Vapor with Blue, Blue with silver and no one knows for sure what else.

Black w/ silver stripes

Blue w/ white stripes

Would the stripes be flat black?

:happy feet:

Black w/ silver stripes

Blue w/ white stripes

seems like the one to have is silver with blue. summin that aint on a regular gt 500?

:happy feet:

• 1 month later...
I just visited Shelby in VEGAS....WOW!!!! I know that the KR will be offered in 3 colors....We know of the silver/blue stripe option from the show....I was told that Black/silver stripe was the 2nd and a vista blue/silver stripe....was 3rd Please let me know what you think of pic...

I posted this on sept 3rd about the colors.... go to post #11

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...=10930&st=0

Gotta love vista blue, have anymore shots you can share?

I have the best of all shots....I had just taken the tour at Shelby...on the way out the gate I had a thought...I drove my car all the way around the Shelby grounds and at the back, back lot a door opened and out rolled a KR.....check out this pic....I have not seen any pics like this on the web...what about you???

post-9691-1191200780_thumb.jpg

post-9691-1191200780_thumb.jpg

Gotta love vista blue, have anymore shots you can share?

I have the best of all shots....I had just taken the tour at Shelby...on the way out the gate I had a thought...I drove my car all the way around the Shelby grounds and at the back, back lot a door opened and out rolled a KR.....check out this pic....I have not seen any pics like this on the web...what about you???

I have many more full shots....but I have to get them reduced....will try to post later....i pulled these two shots off my video recorder...

Archived