TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT Takeoff Muffler vs Borla

shload

Well it looks like I will be picking up a 2007 V^ Pony this weekend. One of the first things I'd like to do is change out to a single GT muffler or get a Borla. I did find some of the sound clips for the 2, but did not see anything on the HP gain on them. Are they about the same, with the major difference being the sound?

If anyone has a GT takeoff muffler to sell let me know. I'm willing to take the pair if needed.

Thanks

Joe

A guy who autocrosses his '05 GT around here has a borla, I don't like it at all. Has too much of a "blob-blob-blob" sound at idle for me. It's better when it revs, but hey you can't mess that up!

I think BigEnos hit the nail on the head. That's just what I think Borlas sound like on the GT at idle. I've never heard Borlas on a V6 Stang, though.

- Josh

I think BigEnos hit the nail on the head. That's just what I think Borlas sound like on the GT at idle. I've never heard Borlas on a V6 Stang, though.

- Josh

Just saw this. Pretty sure you're going to see 8 - 10 rwhp whichever you go with. You won't get over 10 (that's all you get with no muffler at all).

Justin from vmp has posted some info on this, and there are lots and lots of sound clips at www.mustangcollective.net (a 4.0 site)

- Tony

Archived