TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015 conversion on 2007

New owner of a 2007 SS (CSM07SS0034) converted in 2015. I purchased the SS from the owner who did the conversion with the works (4.0L whipple, rear wildwood, ace clutch, watts link, etc). With a later conversion, is there a way to tell if the items were the same as the earlier builds or whether it had later items.  For example, do they use the same deck letters for all the Super Snakes regardless of conversion year (7R3Z-6342528-B)?  I have the build sheet from SAI, but some of the information was either not added or maybe wasn't available.  An example is I do not have the interior light Shelby wrap seen on other SS, but it list it on the sales sheet. 

Also, is there a catalog to look up different item numbers and how to order? For example, I am looking for new black block off plates as the previous owner took a buffer to them and they now have streaks. I have the item number from the sales sheet, but can't seem to locate them on the Shelby Store when searching by the by the parts number. My other option is to pull them off and repaint, but I tend to break things easily. :) 

Lastly, is there any value loss should I replace the matte vinyl stripes by painting.  It is currently black/black vinyl with custom Shelby red cloth insert interior with embroidered SS.  I was thinking about repainting and having them paint red SS stripes to match the red inside, but only if it doesn't hurt the collector value.  

• 2 weeks later...

For any parts you are trying to locate, I recommend giving SAI a call. You will want to do plenty of research beforehand, some of the staff there may not have been there when the 07s were produced.

If you do a stripe color change, you may want to update the Shelby registry. If for some reason you want to sell in the future, you want to make sure the build sheet SAI has on file for your CSM number matches what the car actually is. 

I'm not much of a help on the collector value. I enjoy my SS too much to think about ever selling it to someone else. 

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 11:51 AM, BAMAFan said:

New owner of a 2007 SS (CSM07SS0034) converted in 2015. I purchased the SS from the owner who did the conversion with the works (4.0L whipple, rear wildwood, ace clutch, watts link, etc). With a later conversion, is there a way to tell if the items were the same as the earlier builds or whether it had later items.  For example, do they use the same deck letters for all the Super Snakes regardless of conversion year (7R3Z-6342528-B)?  I have the build sheet from SAI, but some of the information was either not added or maybe wasn't available.  An example is I do not have the interior light Shelby wrap seen on other SS, but it list it on the sales sheet. 

Also, is there a catalog to look up different item numbers and how to order? For example, I am looking for new black block off plates as the previous owner took a buffer to them and they now have streaks. I have the item number from the sales sheet, but can't seem to locate them on the Shelby Store when searching by the by the parts number. My other option is to pull them off and repaint, but I tend to break things easily. :) 

Lastly, is there any value loss should I replace the matte vinyl stripes by painting.  It is currently black/black vinyl with custom Shelby red cloth insert interior with embroidered SS.  I was thinking about repainting and having them paint red SS stripes to match the red inside, but only if it doesn't hurt the collector value.  

First of all, your car has the Modulare 3-Piece wheels and not the 2007-2012 Alcoa's? and you Super Snake hood is heat extractor functional, but not ram air functional?

There have been some parts vendor changes over the years of Super Snake production, but "usually" the parts follow the previous design from any outward look.

As for removing the 1/4 window block-off plates.....those may be a pain to get off. Unlike the 1/4 window scoops that stick to the body paint and can be removed with mineral spirits and a plastic spatula, the block-off's wrap around the edge of the window and it will be hard to get any sort of chemical behind them to release the double stick and if you try to pull them off without a chemical aid, they will probably get damaged beyond reuse. "Maybe" heat from the backside on the 1/4 window? 

Since there is a "somewhat easy to tape" hard edge around those 1/4 windows, the area around them could be taped, they could be sprayed on the car. One question on the Black block-offs...........The plates came from SPP Black with the bright alum. rivets, on some of the early cars, specifically Amy B.'s Grabber Orange 2008 and Gary P's 2007 Torch Red, the plates had Black rivets.......OR the block-off was sprayed Black to cover the rivets....Are your rivets Black or Silver, I have seen both on production Super Snakes.

Black shown below.....

004-zps3cb3e29c.jpg

R

I am researching the "Aluminum Shelby map light accent" as it is called in the original/earlier 2007/2008 Super Snake information card showing all standard features and options. I will need to look through the newer cards that I have and do a stare and compare.......

R

Does your car have the Shelby installed Silver "Satin door lock knobs" that are listed as a standard item in the earier 2007/2008 Super Snake brochure? The satin knobs and the map light accent were Scott Drake items....

R

Edited by Robert M

On 7/16/2020 at 4:29 PM, Robert M said:

First of all, your car has the Modulare 3-Piece wheels and not the 2007-2012 Alcoa's? and you Super Snake hood is heat extractor functional, but not ram air functional?

There have been some parts vendor changes over the years of Super Snake production, but "usually" the parts follow the previous design from any outward look.

As for removing the 1/4 window block-off plates.....those may be a pain to get off. Unlike the 1/4 window scoops that stick to the body paint and can be removed with mineral spirits and a plastic spatula, the block-off's wrap around the edge of the window and it will be hard to get any sort of chemical behind them to release the double stick and if you try to pull them off without a chemical aid, they will probably get damaged beyond reuse. "Maybe" heat from the backside on the 1/4 window? 

Since there is a "somewhat easy to tape" hard edge around those 1/4 windows, the area around them could be taped, they could be sprayed on the car. One question on the Black block-offs...........The plates came from SPP Black with the bright alum. rivets, on some of the early cars, specifically Amy B.'s Grabber Orange 2008 and Gary P's 2007 Torch Red, the plates had Black rivets.......OR the block-off was sprayed Black to cover the rivets....Are your rivets Black or Silver, I have seen both on production Super Snakes.

Black shown below.....

004-zps3cb3e29c.jpg

R

Thanks for the reply. Correct on not having the Alcoas and not having the functional ram air.  Heat extractors only and hood is fiberglass.  The block off plates are black with silver rivets, which I understand from my research being part of the later conversion as the earlier ones came with a choice of black or silver.  I'm really impartial to the rivet color.  I appreciate the tips for getting off the double sided tape which is why I was looking at a spare set just in case.  I just can't find the darn things and I am not seeing them on the Shelby Store.  Are there parts available if you call that aren't listed on the store?

1 hour ago, BAMAFan said:

Thanks for the reply. Correct on not having the Alcoas and not having the functional ram air.  Heat extractors only and hood is fiberglass.  The block off plates are black with silver rivets, which I understand from my research being part of the later conversion as the earlier ones came with a choice of black or silver.  I'm really impartial to the rivet color.  I appreciate the tips for getting off the double sided tape which is why I was looking at a spare set just in case.  I just can't find the darn things and I am not seeing them on the Shelby Store.  Are there parts available if you call that aren't listed on the store?

Many 2007-2009 parts have been discontinued/obsoleted over the last few years and actually it has expanded all the way to 2014 so much of the once available S197 GT500 stuff is no longer available.

As for Black or Silver, that was the complete block-off plates, there were Silver/Alum. color block-off's also, I have not seen many cars with that option but they are on my original 2008 order sheet from Shelby. As far as I know, all of the Black plates came from the vendor with Silver rivets and the Shelby shop sprayed them to all Black. I am thinking that some of the "Authorized Mod Shops" did not spray the Black plates to Black rivets, and that is where I have seen some with Alum. colored rivets, and then probably that extra step of spraying them all Black went by the wayside at some point in Las Vegas also?

Did you get a chance to check you door lock knobs, are they Satin Silver? From what I see in my Super Snake spec. cards, the Map Light Accent and the Silver Satin door lock knobs were listed together as part of the interior upgrade items..........but it appears that they were no longer listed sometime in 2010. I have 4 unique 2010 specific Super Snake brochure cards, the earliest one with the 630hp FRPP and the 725hp KB list those two interior items, the other three do not. <<<This one 2010 brochure is the only one to list 630 and 725, the other three show 660 and 750. The 2007-2009 (later 2007-2012) brochures follow that same information.......The earliest brochure 2007/2008 (I believe this brochure was also used for the 2009 to start with)  shows the map light accent and the satin door lock knobs, but once there was a new/updated 2007-2009 brochure showing 660 and 750hp, the map light and door lock knobs are no longer on the list of interior upgrade items. <<I am assuming the 660 and 750hp upgrade for the 2007-2009 came at about the same time as the 2010 changed to those hp numbers and all brochures after that point for 2007-2012 (and 2013/14) do not show those interior items.

So just my guess, by the multiple Super Snake spec. cards that I have for a comparo, the Shelby Map Light Trim and Satin Silver Door Lock Knobs were discontinued as part of the standard  Super Snake build sometime in 2010......and it just happens that the cars also moved up to 660 and 750hp on those newer brochures that no longer show those two interior items. Also, there is no mention at all of those two interior items in the three unique 2011/12 Super Snake brochures that I have or in the later 2007-2012 Super Snake information.

Do you have the Black Modulare wheels? or the Silver?

R

Robert,

Yep, satin silver door locks, but no map accent.  I have the black wheels.  The biggest thing for me, especially when looking for anything that was upgraded, is whether I should be asking for a 2015 mod (since that is when the conversion occurred) or the 2007 (the model of the car).  Sounds like it may be part specific.  Thanks much for all the great info. 

1 hour ago, BAMAFan said:

Robert,

Yep, satin silver door locks, but no map accent.  I have the black wheels.  The biggest thing for me, especially when looking for anything that was upgraded, is whether I should be asking for a 2015 mod (since that is when the conversion occurred) or the 2007 (the model of the car).  Sounds like it may be part specific.  Thanks much for all the great info. 

Shelby made a 2015 Super Snake also, but it was based on a S550 Mustang GT, not a S197 GT500, so you will want to order parts based on the 2007, but also mention that the car is a later build (2015) when dealing with Shelby. The mention of 2007 will narrow parts to some things that are 2007-2009 specific and get you in the right direction to start with.....

Those satin door lock knobs may have been something that they kept installing, but it is such a small item that it was no longer mentioned. The map trim is cool. You will need to verify if your car has ATS (Anti-Theft System) because the ATS trim has two holes, one on each end for the ATS system. The non-ATS is more commonly found right now and several are on eBay. <<<It does not have the two holes, one on each end.

Here is "w/ATS" at CJPony's.....

https://www.cjponyparts.com/drake-muscle-cars-map-light-accent-kit-with-shelby-lettering-satin-with-anti-theft-system-2005-2014/p/HW2297/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh9vampDY6gIViJ-zCh1_5Ai4EAQYAyABEgKuzPD_BwE

I bought a set of those Black Modulares and also a set of the Silvers........only to find that the rear Modulares do not clear the Baer Extreme 6S rear calipers, they are made to clear Wilwoods, like your car. I sold the Black wheels already and now have the Silvers for sale.....A 2014 Super Snake owner in Ohio is interested in these wheels, but I am not sure if/when he will be able to come to Florida and look at them?

0064-zps612f3b9a.jpg

R

Edited by Robert M