TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Factory stripe kit

car dude

I own a 2008 GT500 .It's black with the very dark tungsten gray stripes.well it had stripes but they got so bad looking I removed all of it with the exception of section on the trunk below the spoiler.Ford wants a small Fortune for the kit and my local guy that deals with 3m products  can not even get close to matching what I had. What have you guys used to replace him with. Thanks

Car Dude,

I have a 2008 SGT (purchased in October 2017).  It appears that all stripes deteriorate with time (my car was garaged always) and everyone, eventually, is faced with your issue.  It took me two years to reach this conclusion but I finally did what any number of folks have done and that is have the stripes painted on.  Expensive?  Yes (assuming it is done right).  I don't have the data to opine on whether the stripes that are sold these days are more resilient. I explored any number of stripe products from any number of companies.  I recall being quoted $1,000 to replace my stripes (parts and labor).  The folks I would have had do it here in San Diego were clear that the stripes would, in time, deteriorate.  Best of luck finding what you need.  I recall it being frustrating when I was looking.

Jim

Thanks Jim that's kind of my gut feeling that if I want the stripes back on they will ha a to to be painted on. I have considered going with a satin black stripe but i really like the tungsten color. My local guy will do the satin black parental 650 bucks useing 3M tape