TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How to identify 605/725 version

I have found a pair of GT500's for sale from an estate and having trouble identifying options.  The main one I am looking at is an 08 Super Snake.  It only has 2xxx miles and looks brand new (in pictures).  What should I be looking for to determine if its the 725 version?  I have the CSM number and the VIN, but can't find anything beyond confirmation that its a SS.

The other car is an 07 GT500 40th anniversary edition.  I understand most 40th's are base 500 hp versions, so same questions on how I can identify it being one of the more powerful versions.  I am trying not to ask too many probing questions of the estate so I don't drive the price up.  If its a 500hp version does the 40th package add much value over regular GT500's?

23 hours ago, grenaud25 said:

I have found a pair of GT500's for sale from an estate and having trouble identifying options.  The main one I am looking at is an 08 Super Snake.  It only has 2xxx miles and looks brand new (in pictures).  What should I be looking for to determine if its the 725 version?  I have the CSM number and the VIN, but can't find anything beyond confirmation that its a SS.

The other car is an 07 GT500 40th anniversary edition.  I understand most 40th's are base 500 hp versions, so same questions on how I can identify it being one of the more powerful versions.  I am trying not to ask too many probing questions of the estate so I don't drive the price up.  If its a 500hp version does the 40th package add much value over regular GT500's?

Easy to tell in the 2008 SS. If it's a Kenne Bell supercharger it's the 725 version. 500 hp would be a Ford Racing supercharger.

Here is the correct Super Snake information from a Shelby sales flyer........The "base" Super Snake got the FRPP S/C and was originally 605hp, the optional Kenne Bell, either the standard Black case 2.8 or the $1300 optional polished case was 725hp.....

002.jpg

^^^This is a later flyer, the original 605 cost was $27,995 and the original 725 cost (Black case KB) was $31,995. I can post pictures of the earlier 2-sided spec. sheet also, if needed. Later, around 2010 the Whipple S/C was added and started out at 725hp, then in a later sales flyer that I have in that same year both the Whipple and KB were bumped to 750hp. The FRPP S/C in the 2010 time period went from 605hp to 630hp. <<<I have that flyer also for the newer Super Snake options if needed for a stare and compare for items that are installed on the car by Shelby.

From what I have read in the TVS discussions, the original 605hp FRPP TVS that was the standard Super Snake install S/C was a Gen. 1.

The 6xxhp FRPP S/C will have a Ford Racing badge/plaque in it (I believe on the top toward the rear by the inlet area) and the 725 KB S/C will have "Kenne Bell" on the front bearing housing to the left of the pulley (facing the S/C) as well as "Kenne Bell" on the top of the throttle body flange where it bolts to the KB mammoth inlet.

Right now there is a Super Snake on eBay, with a FRPP (6xx hp) S/C claiming 700hp in the auction information........Buyer be ware......Be aware.....

I have a 40th flyer from that era also, it lists the standard parts added to a GT500 for the 40th package, but does not show the 725 Super Snake upgrade on that flyer. The blower on that car, without the Super Snake power option, would be the standard Black S/C installed by Ford on the assy. line.

>>>>Also note.........The 725's got a 1pc. alum. driveshaft, the 605's did not.....and the Shelby Super Snake KB has "SHELBY" and SUPER SNAKE" badges on the inlet, the standard KB version of the same exact blower has "KENNE BELL" badges and the Mammoth on the inlet.

R

Edited by Robert M

• 1 month later...

Thank you all for the replies last month.

I have purchased both GT500's and the info received here was hugely helpful.  The 2008 was indeed a 605hp version with only 2000 miles.

Now for the fun, the 2007 40th was in fact a 725hp version.  It has the polished KB blower and is showroom new.  The KB blower has "Shelby GT500 SuperSnake" engraved on it.  Only 100 miles on the car!  I will likely be selling this car in the near future since it's too low mileage for me to drive.  If anybody can help out with value estimates or suggested routes to sell this car I would appreciate it.