TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT - Spare Tire

BUICK468

Will a stock wheel and tire that came on the 2007 Shelby GT fit in the spare space in the trunk? My car has 500 miles on it and I decided to put new tires on it and saw only a compressor with a much expired patch kit from Ford and no scissor jack or lug wrench. Can someone tell me where the proper lifting points are for a scissor jack and if the car is put on a lift? Sorry for probably an old topic but I want to make sure I don't damage the car. Any feedback appreciated

It will fit in the well, but it will be too tall for the floor to stay completely flush.  I've had a full sized original wheel in there since getting the car, but i dont carry stuff around in the trunk, so the uneven floor isnt a big deal.

On 6/20/2020 at 7:18 PM, arants said:

It will fit in the well, but it will be too tall for the floor to stay completely flush.  I've had a full sized original wheel in there since getting the car, but i dont carry stuff around in the trunk, so the uneven floor isnt a big deal.

Thank you

• 1 year later...

As far as jacking points go, I BOLTED on a Steeda jacking rail as to keep the pinch welds and subframes unmolested.  For the rear the jack stands go in the differential, on the front I place the jack stands behind the wheels inboard where the, I think it would be called the k member, two big bolts that bolt the unit to the unibody.  I also use hard rubber thingys on the jackstands.  The jacking rail has a point midway to place your jack on so that the whole side of the car goes up.

I have a full size matching wheel/tire combo n our 2007 SGT.The inflated tire is higher than the floor.All we did was attach some risers to the Masonite floor.This worked well,you lose a little height in the trunk but the floor is stable and does not wobble.We used pieces of 2x4 fitted around the tire well.