TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Air Condition Rattle?

XLR8

Does anyone else have a noisy AC? My AC seems to rattle when I'm sitting at a stop light. It only does it after the car is warmed up (10-15 minutes of driving) and in neutral with the clutch pedal released. Also the AC fan switch speed is on 1. If you turn it up to 2 or 3 the fan blower drowns out the noise. As soon as you depress the clutch the rattle goes away. Any ideas?

Does anyone else have a noisy AC? My AC seems to rattle when I'm sitting at a stop light. It only does it after the car is warmed up (10-15 minutes of driving) and in neutral with the clutch pedal released. Also the AC fan switch speed is on 1. If you turn it up to 2 or 3 the fan blower drowns out the noise. As soon as you depress the clutch the rattle goes away. Any ideas?

..I think you are hearing the tranny rattle a bit; pretty normal

I've tried varying the rpm and it does not seem to affect the rattle and toggling the AC on and off does not seem to change the rpm of the engine. It sounds to me like the AC compressor is making the noise. Just wondering why depressing the clutch makes it stop and if this noise is normal.

I've tried varying the rpm and it does not seem to affect the rattle and toggling the AC on and off does not seem to change the rpm of the engine. It sounds to me like the AC compressor is making the noise. Just wondering why depressing the clutch makes it stop and if this noise is normal.

Funny - I noticed the same thing yesterday where I could hear both the AC and the tranny making noise (under the same conditions) but it would stop as soon as I turned off the AC...similar to what I have read in the past with the regular GT's (about the AC noise anyway) and I think it's normal...you can also hear the noise start/stop as the AC clutch kicks on/off.....just normal I believe.

I have this exact same problem and it does draw some concern, because it does not sound like a normal noise, even for having the A/C on while idling. I actually hear it while moving some time as well.

I doubt I will notice it once it put my exhuast on but I too would like to know if this is normal or not, I hate to take my car to the dealer but if it is or could develope into a major issue, better safe than sorry!

Archived