TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car theft way up

HUBBSTER

These looters aren’t just stealing Gucci, Prada, Fendi, & Rolex from Malls.

They’re also stealing a lot more nice cars. Make sure nobody is following you home.

I’m just driving my pick up & SUV till Nov

This thread is likely to either be deleted like it is, or turn into something real quick that might be shut down.........BUT.....THAT SAID..... I am not letting my wife drive to the grocery store by herself anymore. When people are starving, they will do anything to eat, to include following you out of the grocery store to stop you in the road and steal your food.... possibly at gun point. It’s a very scary time we’re living in. 

Edited by BIKEBOY

22 hours ago, HUBBSTER said:

These looters aren’t just stealing Gucci, Prada, Fendi, & Rolex from Malls.

They’re also stealing a lot more nice cars. Make sure nobody is following you home.

I’m just driving my pick up & SUV till Nov

If you are talking about the Dodge dealership in California, and the 50 cars that were stolen.. I have some personal thoughts on that, but i dont think i should post them because of my position here.  I will say some details dont add up with my experience in Car sales years ago.  But again, that's my personal opinion.

3 hours ago, BigEdmond said:

If you are talking about the Dodge dealership in California, and the 50 cars that were stolen.. I have some personal thoughts on that, but i dont think i should post them because of my position here.  I will say some details dont add up with my experience in Car sales years ago.  But again, that's my personal opinion.

google search found:

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/06/san-leandro-rioters-stole-50-cars-from-fca-dealer-including-nearly-every-80k-hellcat/

No mention of this in Vegas press so far. 

19 collector/muscle cars were also stolen from an Orlando,FL Dealer lot as well, which may be what the Miami police officers were referring to.

Edited by mhr1961

41 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

That link has some very bad language Tony. 

I don't know what you see.  I chose the first one from the google search and read a couple of the others and they all use almost identical language like they were all prepared from an AP or other wire newsfeed.

This info is from local Cops as I stated before . Most of these looters aren’t geniuses, Prob out joy riding. Others may forge a title or sell the high $ ones overseas. Asia is a ripe market for stolen big $ cars.

Meh, I get enough of this kinda stuff on the news. Today is National Iced Tea Day. I’m just going to make a big batch of Luzziane Sweet Tea, squeeze in a  lemon wedge or two, pinch a few Fresh Mint Leaves out of the garden to put in it, pour a big tall glass over ice, and chill by the pool like this Bunny. Life is good.

Bunny Bath GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Happy National Iced Tea Day!

Edited by mhr1961

6 hours ago, HUBBSTER said:

Thanks, 69-70 was always my favorite Mustang and Shelby was the best of course. Have to install new steering box cus current one is garbage

:thumbsup: Very nice, one of my favorites too......

14 hours ago, HUBBSTER said:

Thanks, 69-70 was always my favorite Mustang and Shelby was the best of course. Have to install new steering box cus current one is garbage

If it's the original box, I know a guy that can rebuild it good as new.  Just had my whole power steering system rebuilt and it is better than new now.  Drop a PM and I'll hook you up.

15 hours ago, HUBBSTER said:

Very unique wheel choice...colour and all. Striking on your car. 

Edited by BIKEBOY

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 8:08 PM, mhr1961 said:

19 collector/muscle cars were also stolen from an Orlando,FL Dealer lot as well, which may be what the Miami police officers were referring to.

They found a couple just a couple Blocks away in Apartment Parking Lots.  The article did mention Alarm or Cameras so, It may be an Insurance Job or a Publicity Stunt of some sort, maybe an Alarm Company trying to prove he needs a state of the art Alarm System. 

15 hours ago, HUBBSTER said:

69-70 Shelby is my Favorite and 71-73 Mach 1 my Favorite Mustangs.