TEAM SHELBY FORUM

are car covers ok?

pythonman

Question, what do you all think about a car cover on a car that is staying in the garage. I was all for it when I found out my Shelby will be in beginning of sept. I ran out and bought one. now talking to a guy who knows about paint jobs he says they are bad for the paint job and only add scratches. Kinda make since right? I am getting black so I want to take as much precautions as is reasonable. What do you think??

As long as your cover is clean, and your car is clean, you shouldn't have any problems with a cover scratching your paint. Always keep your cover in a dust-proof bag/case. Wash it often. Always wash your car before putting a cover on it. I've used covers for years and have never had any scratching problems.

As long as your cover is clean, and your car is clean, you shouldn't have any problems with a cover scratching your paint. Always keep your cover in a dust-proof bag/case. Wash it often. Always wash your car before putting a cover on it. I've used covers for years and have never had any scratching problems.

what kind of cover do you recommend for in garage use?

I agree the key is to make sure the car is washed before putting the cover back on. Frequently using a product like Zaino or Ice will also help to reduce scratches and swirl type marks.

I have mine covered in the garage. I always clean the car before covering it and I never let the cover touch the ground or get dirty.

My car still looks like the day I bought it and I have had it since last October.

I bought a Wolf car cover from Summit, the best one they had.

CB

I have mine covered in the garage. I always clean the car before covering it and I never let the cover touch the ground or get dirty.

My car still looks like the day I bought it and I have had it since last October.

I bought a Wolf car cover from Summit, the best one they had.

CB

Thanks guys! I think I have my answer. CAR COVER FOR ME!!!

I have car covers for both my cars and only put them on if the car will be sitting in the winter or rainy season for over a month, otherwise a california duster works just fine for the little amount of dust that occurs in my garage and shop inbetween drives. It's just to much hassle taking it on and off every other day or week.

Archived