TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Original Shift Knob

Becky

My wife, this is her car, 2009 Shelby GT500, does not like the after market shift knob in the car. She wants an original. I went to Ford and did have any luck. Does anyone have a 6 speed shift knob, which I can replace for her? Thanks in advance.

James (337)298-6340

Good luck... I just spent 30 minutes looking and came up with nothing. You might give Tasca a call and ask them if they have any leads on 09 take off parts. Some one may have one laying around somewhere. I bagged and tagged all my takeoff parts.

Sealed-OEM-Parts-003.jpg

That oem knob also has the shift boot retainer incorporated into the bottom, hopefully your shifter has not been changed, especially to the later 10mm thread, that will complicate a simple shift ball/knob change.

I put 2008 GT500 shifter knob in Google and it came up with Tasca having them in stock for $45, however, when I put the BR3Z part number from Tasca in Google, it seemed to come up with a 2011-2014 listing, which is the smaller 10mm, so it would be best to call them and if nothing else get the correct part number from them, for your search.

R

Edited by Robert M

Thanks to all, Robert M, on our 09, Reverse is located all the way to the right, the one you found, reverse is on the left., but I am trying to contact those guys now. thanks once again.

James

54 minutes ago, Becky said:

Thanks to all, Robert M, on our 09, Reverse is located all the way to the right, the one you found, reverse is on the left., but I am trying to contact those guys now. thanks once again.

James

The 2007-2009 share the same knob/ball, and yes, the reverse on my 2008 is to the right and up also. I am thinking 2010 is when it changed to 10mm, the 2007-2009 is 12mm threads.

This is what you are looking for.......

image-zps570dd1c2.jpg

image-zpsdba6a742.jpg

R

Edited by Robert M

Edcolgne, thanks for your help, those are 5 speed knobs, which will fit, but she wants that 6 speed label, because she has a 6 speed. But, thanks again, I know we will find it one day.

Please help me by keep looking.

OP,

it might be a long shot, but maybe you can find a knob out of a wrecked vehicle, you can try the site I linked below. Its an online salvage yard that will send you inquiry out to dozens of salvage yards nation wide. It has a form you fill out with make /model etc and you can fill in a detailed description of the part you are looking for. Good luck in your quest.

https://findapartnow.com/

Edited by mhr1961

16 hours ago, Becky said:

Edcolgne, thanks for your help, those are 5 speed knobs, which will fit, but she wants that 6 speed label, because she has a 6 speed. But, thanks again, I know we will find it one day.

Please help me by keep looking.

yeah, sucker me, just read the gt500 and years, my bad..

according to my parts list 7R3Z 7210 AA is the part # for the "lever assy, shift" , lever that includes the shift knob. 

how about this:

111.JPG