TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New forum member

Hello everyone. I just joined this forum and wanted to introduce myself and my cars. I'm from Ohio. I've had mustangs all my life starting with my first car, a 68 sports sprint 289 coupe. I've had many performance mustangs including a 67 GT500, 69 GT500, two 68 1/2 R-code Cobra Jet fastbacks, S-code fastback, J-code fastback and even a couple of ERA 427 Cobra replicas. My current project is a 68 fastback with an aluminum 427 Tunnel Port stroker engine and a toploader 4 speed. I'm building it as a tribute of sorts to the original GT500 super snake but with my own touches. I've had the idea for this car for many years and it's finally coming together just like I first envisioned it. The bodywork and paint are finished and I'm in the reassembly stage. I also recently purchased a new '07 GT500 and I absolutely love the car. I posted in the GT500 forum too and tried to attach some pics but didn't have much luck. Links to pics are: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651413 and

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2550084 there are two pages on the second link. Hope to meet some new friends here and pick your brains when needed and add any of my ideas if I can.

• 1 month later...

Hey Doug very nice stable of horses & Snakes you have. Welcome to the site it is my first post also. I also have had Fords ( mustangs) since I have been married( 32 yrs). I use to work but August 28th was my last day for I have retired now and can start to get my stable back togeather know. I have A BLWN 66 ( 6-71 BDS) & A 1971 Boss 351 and as of today we ordered a 08 Grabber Orange GT Convert with all the goodies & stripes. Hopefuly will have it by christmas. I am from Kennewick Washington. It is on the east side of the mountians ( cascade Mopuntains) Anyway talk to you soon. GO SEATTLE SEAHAWKS.

Hey Doug very nice stable of horses & Snakes you have. Welcome to the site it is my first post also. I also have had Fords ( mustangs) since I have been married( 32 yrs). I use to work but August 28th was my last day for I have retired now and can start to get my stable back togeather know. I have A BLWN 66 ( 6-71 BDS) & A 1971 Boss 351 and as of today we ordered a 08 Grabber Orange GT Convert with all the goodies & stripes. Hopefuly will have it by christmas. I am from Kennewick Washington. It is on the east side of the mountians ( cascade Mopuntains) Anyway talk to you soon. GO SEATTLE SEAHAWKS.

Welcome to the both of you guys.

Congrats on your retirement Blown. You picked my favorite color. :happy feet: If your ever in Battleground, WA bring your Grabber by and we will take some photos of the 2 of them.

Thanks Grabber. This is a awesome site. So you live in Battleground . I was born in Longview. All my relatives live there. We go by battleground2-3 times a year. You bet we will stop by when we get are GRABBER ORANGE GT CONVERT. We cant wait till we get it. One of my freinds who is a mechanic where I retired from his wife is from battle ground. What a small world. I have been looking for a black stripe kit for it. Roush makes one for the regular GT convert but not for the apperance package, they also make one for the stock convert but it has to have there rear wing & hood scoop so I was thinking to delete the hood scoop from the apperance package then I would get there rear wing and scoop. Thanks

Thanks Grabber. This is a awesome site. So you live in Battleground . I was born in Longview. All my relatives live there. We go by battleground2-3 times a year. You bet we will stop by when I get me GRABBER ORANGE GT CONVERT. We cant wait till we get it. One of my freinds why is a mechanic where I retired from his wife is from battle ground. What a small world. I have been looking for a black stripe kit for it. Roush makes one for the regular GT convert but not for the apperance package, they also make one for the stock convert but it has to have there rear wing & hood scoop so I was thinking to delete the hood scoop from the apperance package then I would get there rear wing and scoop. Thanks

Please let me know when you are in town. We will have lunch or dinner. In the spring I am having another big meet and greet at my house for Mustang guys and gals. We had a good turn out last Spring from this site. I hope you can make it over to my place for the event.

Here is the group shot taken in my field. I have some room to have a nice gathering.

The first 2 cars to the left are Me and my wifes.

GroupphotoMeetGreet5-26-06.jpg

Thanks Grabber! We just might do that. I should have my 66 done by then could I bring it ;) just kidding. Your meet & greet sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks

Archived