TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just Maybe??? - “Snakes at the Lake” – Saturday June 27, 2020

SVT NAJA

I am so tired of the continuing idiocy

Looks like Delta King is re-opening next week - just sent inquiry about accommodations for the 26th

Gayle has moved over the hill to Los Banos - if anyone is interested and coming from South Bay we can meet at In & Out in Santa Nella or?

Fellow Shelby Enthusiasts,

Regretfully, due to State of California COVID-19 restrictions (see below), Snakes at the Lake 2020 as we have known it for the past 10 years (Old Town Sac, cruise to Tahoe, BBQ and car show in Tahoe Vista) will not happen this year. In addition to the restrictions noted below in BOLD, I understand OTS is boarded up due to recent/ongoing protesting, and now catering has become an issue as well. So until next year, SATL is on ice...

However, I'm thinking about an activity that falls within the current regulations, but outside of Team Shelby - Pacific Coast Region. So stay tuned and check back 2 weeks from today for a separate post regarding such.

Stay safe and healthy!

Best,

Jim

https://covid19.ca.gov/stay-home-except-for-essential-needs/  (Current as of June 5th)

Are mass gatherings permitted?

State public health directives prohibit professional, social and community mass gatherings. Gatherings are defined as—meetings or other events that bring together persons from multiple households at the same time for a shared or group experience in a single room, space, or place such as an auditorium, stadium, arena, large conference room, meeting hall, or other indoor or outdoor space. They pose an especially high danger of transmission and spread of COVID-19.

Can I travel?

You can travel for urgent matters or if such travel is essential to your permitted work. Even though businesses around the state are opening up, avoid travelling long distances for vacations or pleasure as much as possible. This is to slow the spread of the coronavirus. Do not travel if you are sick, or if someone in your household has had coronavirus in the last two weeks. Do not travel with someone who is sick.

OK, I'm a bit contrary and only speak for myself, I plan on driving to OTS on the 26th (unless room canceled)

As of yesterday Delta King was still accepting reservation for the 26th and haven't notified me otherwise. Then driving to Incline village Saturday (somehow won a 4 night stay in a United Way raffle last year and scheduled it for SATL).

Anyone can join the drive, we'll just not be stopping for BBQ

Wearing a N95 mask for a .3 micron virus is like expecting a chain link fence to keep out mosquitoes - stop being sheep!

Jim, I'll take off the "Team Shelby" license plate frame, just in case!

Thanks for trying Jim. Our family reunion got canceled for the same reason. So the weekend opened up. We were really looking forward to a Team Shelby run. Even our local Mustang Club has stopped meeting. Oh well... Heading to Sonic with a couple of Mustangs this weekend for fun. 

Take care and Stay Safe,

Mike

Just heard on radio right now S Lake Tahoe is opening everything up today AND lifting travel ban in an effort to boost their economy. 

Just a couple days too late for us. ☹️

On 6/9/2020 at 4:14 PM, Stu Casteel said:

OK, I'm a bit contrary and only speak for myself, I plan on driving to OTS on the 26th (unless room canceled)

As of yesterday Delta King was still accepting reservation for the 26th and haven't notified me otherwise. Then driving to Incline village Saturday (somehow won a 4 night stay in a United Way raffle last year and scheduled it for SATL).

Anyone can join the drive, we'll just not be stopping for BBQ

Wearing a N95 mask for a .3 micron virus is like expecting a chain link fence to keep out mosquitoes - stop being sheep!

Jim, I'll take off the "Team Shelby" license plate frame, just in case!

Just FYI, the masks are to prevent transmission, not contraction of Covid-19.  

On 6/8/2020 at 3:54 PM, SVT NAJA said:

Jim,

First of all - Thank you for all your efforts to make this happen!

For those who indulged - Hope the Coast run was fun!

If any one is interested in Delta King Friday (26 June) night or interested in coming from Santa Nella  please let me know

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...