TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 Red Stripe Questions

Becky

I purchased a 2009 White with Red stripe GT500, I am trying to find out more information on the number of cars with these options, and find out why the Traction Control light comes on and the sometimes it does not.

Please help, thank you.

Becky

There are several topics about 2009 production.  Use the forum search and search for "2009 production" in the title and both terms and there are multiple pages of results.  You can weed through them just as easily as I....  Here's one:

I didn't see anything official from Ford (and they usually roll up those numbers).  A general google search might find you an official Ford document.

PS.  I'll send you a bill for research assistant time :)
A just regular old google search for "shelby gt500 production numbers" lists this topic first:

https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/gt500-production-numbers.990927/

The topic lists all production numbers from 2007 to 2013 in the first post, 2014 later down the list. 

Edited by twobjshelbys

As far as more information on the Traction Control Alarm Light. The manual says to turn the car off and on to reset. We do that and sometimes it is in alarm and sometimes it is not???

As far as the information you sent me, perfect, thank you very much. I am buying the first round. I am just trying to learn more about the car. If you have any additional information for me that could help, please send to me, and I will buy the second round.

23 hours ago, Becky said:

As far as more information on the Traction Control Alarm Light. The manual says to turn the car off and on to reset. We do that and sometimes it is in alarm and sometimes it is not???

As far as the information you sent me, perfect, thank you very much. I am buying the first round. I am just trying to learn more about the car. If you have any additional information for me that could help, please send to me, and I will buy the second round.

Still not clear on what is happening.  Does the TCS light come on and stay on when you turn the key on?  It should light briefly when starting the engine but then should go out.  If it comes on when you'r emoving but not having any TCS events (tires slipping) then you have some kind of equipment failure and should take it to a dealer.    Describe what you are doing to get it lit...

Edited by twobjshelbys

Not entirely sure,  but if I recall correctly the TCS malfunction was typically traceable to a bad ground wire or faulty ABS sensors would cause it to malfunction intermittently. I think there may even be a TSB out about it because it was a fairly common complaint back when the car was first released.

• Becky changed the title to 2009 Red Stripe Questions