TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2020 last year for GT 350

sudden

I am guessing with the GT500 plus the oil issues they moved on.  I wanted a GT350, but all the issues about oil and the car shaking/vibration scared me off.  The New Heritage Edition is awesome!!!

There are a ton of them sitting on lots, Ford dealers still adding ADM’s like ass clowns makes Ford think the demand isn’t there, unfortunately Ford Dealers do this more then any other car manufacturer I’m aware of.

Edited by carnut12

Originally Ford had said that there would only be one Shelby branded product in the mix at any one time. They've already overlapped the GT350 and GT500 for one year.  It would not surprise me if the 2020 GT350 was end of model.   But we won't know until the 2021 lineup is announced.

True. 

https://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-gt350r-dead-for-2021/

https://fordauthority.com/2020/04/ford-to-sunset-mustang-shelby-gt350-after-2020/

Once production gets up to demand for the new GT500, dealers may have to start moving the remaining GT350 and GT350R of the showroom floors by offering no ADM pricing.  The new GT500., Bullit and expected Mach I are using parts and technology of the GT350, except the special 5.2 L with the high rev flat plane crank. Plus, the new GT500 is now a good road course handling power monster, not just a straight line rocket.😎

Definitely an amazing engine.  The GT350 has been an amazing engineering project by Ford from engine to suspension and brakes. Now, other  than the flat plane crank and internal mods, Ford has moved those engineering developments to other Mustang designs.  If I had a GT350 or GT350R, I would be stocking up on spare parts that will not be available in a number of years.

18 minutes ago, 66GT350PS said:

If I had a GT350 or GT350R, I would be stocking up on spare parts that will not be available in a number of years.

What parts are unique to the GT350?   If the Ford GT is any indication then Ford will keep parts readily available for 10 years and then some unique and lower volume non-maintenance parts will be hard to get. Parts will have a stock-no-stock cycle that depends on vendor minimum order and turnaround.  Worst yet, there were several unscrupulous people that bought all of Ford's supply of some parts (trunk and hood struts being one example).  Then when Ford runs out they are first to be there with their extremely high priced (but available) hoarded inventory.  These people were the reason that Ford now requires a VIN and registration for all Ford GT parts.  Hopefully Ford will prevent the stocking and hoarding of GT350 parts and implement a check-balance system like VIN. 

This will be the end of the exclusive flat plane crank 5.2 Voodoo engine built for the GT350/GT350R.  The 5.2L Predator is a cross plane crank design like the 5.)L Coyote.  I am sure there are a number of GT350/350R exclusive parts, whether the drive train, engine, exhaust, exterior pieces, etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2020 at 4:12 PM, carnut12 said:

I am guessing with the GT500 plus the oil issues they moved on.  I wanted a GT350, but all the issues about oil and the car shaking/vibration scared me off.  The New Heritage Edition is awesome!!!

There are a ton of them sitting on lots, Ford dealers still adding ADM’s like ass clowns makes Ford think the demand isn’t there, unfortunately Ford Dealers do this more then any other car manufacturer I’m aware of.

Hey guys, so Ford never fixed the oil consumption issue? I thought they did it on 2019-2020 GT350 models?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2020 at 1:23 AM, John Blake said:

Hey guys, so Ford never fixed the oil consumption issue? I thought they did it on 2019-2020 GT350 models?

Knock on wood, but I have not had any issues of oil consumption with my 2019.  I am of the opinion that these cars are to be driven hard as advertised.  Be mindful of checking oil levels following aggressive driving sessions and each gas fill up and I will let the warranty take care of the rest!  This car is not my daily driver and it is my dream car / weekend toy.  And following the announcement of what Ford is doing with the new Mach 1, just adds more to the win column of having access to this truly unique engine!  Take advantage of the fact that these cars are not moving as fast as a few years past.  They do not have the obnoxious ADMs as in the past...  Enjoy this unique experience!!  

Edited by Joseph Spitler

Lets talk Oil consumption a bit. FPC cars all use oil. How much is the question. Ferrari drivers are used to that. Mustang guys dont get it. Check your oil often. If she drinks too much, take it in. The 19/20 cars are a bit better. But treat it right, well, you know the payback. Nothing like the 5.2 FPC

On 6/17/2020 at 7:51 AM, svttim said:

Lets talk Oil consumption a bit. FPC cars all use oil. How much is the question. Ferrari drivers are used to that. Mustang guys dont get it. Check your oil often. If she drinks too much, take it in. The 19/20 cars are a bit better. But treat it right, well, you know the payback. Nothing like the 5.2 FPC

There’s a old saying, if it’s a performance car and it’s going to be driven aggressively and it doesn’t use any oil then something isn’t getting lubricated.   It’s better using a little oil then none at all. 

So, Ferrari, Porsche, they use extra oil before and after races? I think and I bet, as @svttim told me, that a lot of GT350 issues are related with bad break-in engine process, high revs with cold engine (users, salesman, etc), bad driving habits, and so on. I’ll be careful with mine if at the end I order it, but odds could play against me. 
Anyone knows when is the dead line for dealers to order 2020 gt350R?

They told me the waiting list is around 6 months, it could be right, or it’s just an strategy to force me to order it now?

What do you think about this color (Kona Blue) and stripes combination?

7D430A85-DC9C-4A8B-BEF2-A83C46BE6F0B.jpeg

Edited by John Blake

16 hours ago, John Blake said:

So, Ferrari, Porsche, they use extra oil before and after races? I think and I bet, as @svttim told me, that a lot of GT350 issues are related with bad break-in engine process, high revs with cold engine (users, salesman, etc), bad driving habits, and so on. I’ll be careful with mine if at the end I order it, but odds could play against me. 
Anyone knows when is the dead line for dealers to order 2020 gt350R?

They told me the waiting list is around 6 months, it could be right, or it’s just an strategy to force me to order it now?

What do you think about this color (Kona Blue) and stripes combination?

7D430A85-DC9C-4A8B-BEF2-A83C46BE6F0B.jpeg

Hey John,  that’s a great color combo, but your the one paying for it, so I’ll say just go for it and get the color that really trips your trigger.   I’ve been into performance cars a long time and one thing that really bothered me to this day is when the owner of a car gets in and revs the hell out of his engine when it’s cold.  Personally, I think that’s one of the worst things you can do to help start the destruction process of your once stout engine, so I would listen to someone who knows like svttim, just saying.

12 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Hey John,  that’s a great color combo, but your the one paying for it, so I’ll say just go for it and get the color that really trips your trigger.   I’ve been into performance cars a long time and one thing that really bothered me to this day is when the owner of a car gets in and revs the hell out of his engine when it’s cold.  Personally, I think that’s one of the worst things you can do to help start the destruction process of your once stout engine, so I would listen to someone who knows like svttim, just saying.

Yes, I agree with you. That’s what I said. People aren’t careful with those cars, so from first day they race them, do a lot of unnecessary high revs to impress their friends. And thanks for your comment. I appreciate it. About the color, it looks amazing. I love the black one too, but Kona Blue, white stripes with red pinstripes, red calipers, black plastics and black carbon fiber wheels, OH my!!! The best contrast ever!

14 minutes ago, John Blake said:

And yes, svttim is super cool! He knows a lot of performance cars... I appreciate his good advices! 

Yes, Tim will tell it like it is and a stand-up guy who loves his cars!

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2020 at 7:51 AM, svttim said:

Exactly ............ Get in the habit of checking the oil level at least once a week. Also,get a catch can for the passenger side. You will be amazed at how much oil it catches in a weeks time.